==========
    I see you like the BW effect too.

Comment

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
      ==========
      I see you like the BW effect too.
      Entirely Ansel's fault.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
        Entirely Ansel's fault.
        Good one, Sinjin. I never ever tire of seeing Ansel Adams' work. What a master!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

More Vegas. I think the first one is somewhere in the Bellagio. The second is of construction. There's a lot of construction going on and it was pretty fascinating. The lights on these cranes made me think of constellations of stars. Thought I'd try the black and white thing. The last one is looking down the face of Hoover Dam, 726 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
            More Vegas. I think the first one is somewhere in the Bellagio. The second is of construction. There's a lot of construction going on and it was pretty fascinating. The lights on these cranes made me think of constellations of stars. Thought I'd try the black and white thing. The last one is looking down the face of Hoover Dam, 726 feet.
            The first one is the main lobby at Caesar's Palace. I took almost the exact same shot when I was there last month.

Comment

26 photos that are sure to crack you up are at this link. Nothing like some good laughs to start the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                The last one is looking down the face of Hoover Dam, 726 feet.
                Killer shot! Those with a fear of heights need not apply. I'll try get the exact same shot in two months when we head up there. Hopefully I'll win the Vegas buck$$$ to buy a Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III with all the lenses and accessories money can buy!

Driving home from work today, I got a picture of this Toyota TRD pick-up truck on the left, along with Ala Moana Beach Park on the right. Only problem, that big bus with the picture on back distracted my attention...

It's neat how they're able to apply, heat, conform and cut those huge vinyl decals over intricate surfaces like engine heat vents.

You know you've made it as a photographer when your work is enlarged on a bus like this.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  Killer shot! Those with a fear of heights need not apply.
                  Thanks Pomai. It's pretty intense looking over the edge as there aren't any protective barriers. A good paper airplane could go a long way.

Driving home from work today, I got a picture of this Toyota TRD pick-up truck on the left, along with Ala Moana Beach Park on the right. Only problem, that big bus with the picture on back distracted my attention...

You know you've made it as a photographer when your work is enlarged on a bus like this.
                  I can see the ad in the employment classifieds:

HULA DANCER PHOTOGRAPHER: Must be able to spend long hours with beautiful girls in a tropical setting.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                    The first one is the main lobby at Caesar's Palace. I took almost the exact same shot when I was there last month.
                    LOL I was gonna reply and say the same thing. It is Caesars. The wife and I got the exact same shot of us standing front of that last November.

Comment

I want to know what kind of camera was used. Large format?

Comment

Jim75, that shot of Hoover Dam is awesome. [/applause]

I had friends visiting from Florida and took them out to the sandbar on the boat today.
                        And I didn't take a single photo. (They sure did,though.)
                        You're all safe this week.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                          I want to know what kind of camera was used. Large format?
                          My camera, or the person who took the shot of the Hula girls? My camera is an aging, yet still capable Canon Powershot A510, with a now conservative 3 megapixels. Still, it's a Canon!

Here's more shots from that Canon...

Mango season is coming once again, so here from last year's harvest are a basket of Pirie from mom's tree. These are the BEST mangoes. Seriously.

Some "Filipino" purple orchids lol...

A shark that likes to surf, lick and drink Tequila at Senior Frog...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I went for a hike in Kuliouou today,
                            A few of us enjoyed the rain together!
                            Attached Files
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I just got back from the Big Island. Wow! The Big Island gave me a feeling of spaciousness and tranquillity! So different than Oahu.

Here are some pictures:

The quaint town of Pahoa

The view from Volcano House

Rainbow Falls

Comment

The night I left Hilo, my friend and I had dinner at Pescatore. The food was good, but took forever to come. We had Carpaccio (took one hour to come after we ordered it, so no picture because we devoured it!) Cioppino Classico, and Spinach stuffed Ravioli in an Alfredo Sauce.

The sign outside in downtown Hilo

Comment

Working...
                                X