X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Jim75, that shot of Hoover Dam is awesome. [/applause]

I had friends visiting from Florida and took them out to the sandbar on the boat today.
    And I didn't take a single photo. (They sure did,though.)
    You're all safe this week.
    Thanks LikaNui. Keep the pics from the Bay coming! You get lots of great shots.

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    My camera, or the person who took the shot of the Hula girls? My camera is an aging, yet still capable Canon Powershot A510, with a now conservative 3 megapixels. Still, it's a Canon!

Here's more shots from that Canon...
    Excellent photos, Pomai. Tack sharp with great colors.

Originally posted by Beau View Post
    I just got back from the Big Island. Wow! The Big Island gave me a feeling of spaciousness and tranquillity! So different than Oahu.
    The Big Island rocks.

Originally posted by Beau View Post
    Cioppino Classico
    Mmmm . . . Cioppino.

Comment

I got to fooling around tonight and I thought the result was kind of interesting. I started out with a picture I took of a dancer at a luau and started monkeying with it and, well, one thing led to another . . . Time flys. The evening's shot. Time to go to bed.

Comment

Absolutely Beautiful!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Niiiiiice, Jim!
          And since you (and a few others) enjoy the boat photos, how about these three:

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/fringe...0storm%201.jpg

and from a different angle:

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/fringe...ington%202.jpg

and the sad end result:

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/fringe...on%20beach.jpg

Bummer.
          Last edited by admin; April 10, 2008, 08:54 PM. Reason: Please don't embed images from sites you don't own.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Yikes! Where was that at? Pretty violent.
            Last edited by Jim75; April 10, 2008, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I told my kids not to play with their boats in the bathtub!!! Now look at the bathroom floor! Thank goodness I sealed the grouting.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

...and what about those two clowns surfing in the middle photo...

Comment

Jim75, that HT "logo" is "ga-rooo-o-o-vy"! Makes wanna make a felt fluorescent poster out of it and hang it on my bedroom wall, then turn on the blacklight. lol

Remember those "stoney" posters from the 70's? My sister had all the cool ones, like Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix. Got 'em all at India Imports in Ala Moana.

From that "Invasive Species: Cameleon" thread, here's the Jurrassic Park lizard thing in mom's yard today, lookin' really pissed off...

I lost detail and sharpness, as I had to take that using the extent of my digital zoom, but the timing to capture that "throat action" was great.

Guavas at their beginning stage in mom's backyard today...

They all measure about 1" in diameter at this point.

One thing I love about my trust Canon is its ability to capture amazing detail in macro mode...

This is that red quava in the shot before it, cut in half. Still small, but already had a semi-ripe flavor. Tart, but very "guava'ee".
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Jim75, that HT "logo" is "ga-rooo-o-o-vy"! Makes wanna make a felt fluorescent poster out of it and hang it on my bedroom wall, then turn on the blacklight. lol

Remember those "stoney" posters from the 70's? My sister had all the cool ones, like Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix. Got 'em all at India Imports in Ala Moana.
                    lol Thanks Pomai, Auntie Lynn, and Likanui. I'm a sucker for vivid colors.

Great guava pics, especially the macro. Makes me wish I had a guava right now.

From that "Invasive Species: Cameleon" thread, here's the Jurrassic Park lizard thing in mom's yard today, lookin' really pissed off...
                    ".
                    Here's one that looks like the same critter. This little guy was on the Big Island. Based on discussions I read at Konaweb.com, I think it's a Jackson's Chameleon. The one you saw looks like he was blending in with the cinder block.

Here's a gecko that was living in the same yard.

Comment

I told my three year old grandson to feed the birds lil by lil.
                      He threw the whole piece on the grass.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Were any of those boats yours LikaNui? I suppose that was one of those storm situations where they turn the boats loose from their moorings. I copied the first one to see if I could lighten up the contrast of the sea and noticed the file name was Mornington. You must have been in Australia a week ago, eh?

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                        Here's one that looks like the same critter. This little guy was on the Big Island. Based on discussions I read at Konaweb.com, I think it's a Jackson's Chameleon.
                        Schrivener's link to Wikipedia from the Invasive Species discussion would seem to pretty definitely identify this as a green anole, not a chameleon. I like the geckos better. They're always smiling. The anoles are definitely more, uh, . . . reptilian.

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        I told my three year old grandson to feed the birds lil by lil. He threw the whole piece on the grass.

Auntie Lynn
                        He didn't want to make 'em wait.

Comment

The storm tossed boat pics made me think of the bar where the Columbia River meets the Pacific, between Oregon and Washington. It's called the Graveyard of the Pacific as the passage from the ocean into the river is treacherous. Lots of sailors have gone to the bottom trying to cross it. This pic is one I took through an old Nikon FM2 in the mid 90's. Ocean going freighters anchored in the Columbia just off Astoria. The moon was actually in the opposite side of the sky, but I did a double exposure. Over the course of three years, this was the calmest I saw the river, almost glassy.

Comment

My wife and daughter
                            Attached Files
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

A few photos from my Flickr photostream.

Not in business. More of my aviation photos.

Dream Girl in the Window.

Colorful M & Ms
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                                My wife and daughter
                                Nice tats. Reminds me of AI's Carly Smithson.

Jim75, that photo of the moon over the Columbia River is another amazing shot. A bit noisy, but still, the composition, along with the effect of the reflection off the water is sweet.

This one of yours is really nice!...

Big Island, eh? Never seen this species here on Oahu. Dig the markings and the vibrant colors.

Funny, the green Anole chameleon pictured before it also has a broken tale (like the Brown Anole I captured a photo of). These guys must bite each other's tails off in battle.

What is that "throat action", anyway? Is that a display of being upset, or that they're trying to attract a mate? Or what?
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X