X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    on my way home
    You didn't stick around for low tide? I would have expected to see dry sand. It was quite low yesterday.

Comment

here are two more pics of our now 3 month old Jack Russell Terrier pup, Colt (named after Colt Brennan!)

I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Lika you made me miss home more than usual today. My trip back can't come soon enough.
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
          Never be embarrassed - of all the shots posted, your's make me the most jealous (in a good way). Someone asked me what I want out of life and I showed them one of your pictures!
          Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
          Lika you made me miss home more than usual today. My trip back can't come soon enough.
          Thanks, to both of you. Although I feel kinda guilty for making you both feel homesick.

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          You didn't stick around for low tide? I would have expected to see dry sand. It was quite low yesterday.
          I took those photos at the peak of high tide, which wasn't very high at only +0.8'. Low tide was around 8:30am (I was still puttering around the house) and again at 5:45pm (I was back home to watch UFC80 on PPV).

Also, to Kalei 99 -- awesome photos of that white stuff, whatever it is.
          And to Kanahina -- cuuuute puppy! Makes me just want to pick the little guy up and give him a hug.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Kalei99: Very nice pictures! But, um, why do your neighbors freeze their trees?

kanahina: What a cute cute cute puppy!

LikaNui: That looked like a beautiful and fun day

Mel and TATTRAT: Impressive, as always

Comment

Thanks, Adri!

Man, those sand bar pics are great, what a cool place!
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Introducing some HT'ers to Indian food at Cafe Maharani...

Some of the food included: naan (of course!), saffron rice, tandoori chicken, palak paneer, raita, and eggplant pakora. YUUUMM!!! I'm getting hungry all over again...

Comment

Hmmmmm.
                  I'm just sayin'.
                  Attached Files

Comment

ROFL!

And I think they are all about the same age!
                    flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

since the thread was bumped, here are a few ones I have taken lately...

shot at a high ISO to get some film grain type quality. Nothing amazing, just stock photography.

Fun in the sink, lol

gloomy

a little spider on Maui
                      flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

Awesome photos, Tatt... as usual.
                        I've gotta get you and Mel and the others with fancy cameras out to the sandbar this summer. I'd love to see what a good camera could do out there.
                        In the meantime, here's a link to a slideshow of 16 photos I took there today with my cheapie camera, an old Olympus D-490 with a measly 2 megapixels.
                        Nice day out there today. Totally sunny, then totally cloudy, sunny again, a couple of rain squalls, ad infinitum. (100% sunny right now.)
                        (And for your boaters -- I didn't used my rudders even once all day. Did it all with just the transmissions and the trim tabs. Like the SuperFerry.)
                        Here's a couple of the shots from that slideshow. This first one is taken from the stern (back) of the boat. When I backed in to anchor, I was able to step off the back of the boat without even getting my knees wet, then hand-carried the anchor in to where it's set. At the same time, the bow (front) of the boat is in 35' of water!:

Here are some of today's neighbors:

And this one shows Kualoa Point in the distance (and Chinaman's Hat, if you look closely). The water color indicates the depth. At the bottom of the photo, the water is 35' deep on the left side and 1' deep on the right side:

Comment

Awesome photos, Tatt... as usual.
                          I've gotta get you and Mel and the others with fancy cameras out to the sandbar this summer. I'd love to see what a good camera could do out there.
                          My fear is getting the big expensive camera wet!

Often times I've seen some great pictures taken with lesser endowed cameras. All of the shots I've seen of the sandbar from you look good IMHO.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                            My fear is getting the big expensive camera wet!
                            Guaranz, we can it keep it bone dry, Mel. One of my buddies has a camera that cost $4,500 [/gasp] and never has a problem. Keep the camera down below in the cabin while I'm underway at speed. If you see something you want to shoot, I stop the boat for a minute. Once at the sandbar, just step off the boat with the camera sealed in one or two large ZipLoc bags just for extra insurance. Nothing to it.

Often times I've seen some great pictures taken with lesser endowed cameras.
                            Back in the day, I got incredibly lucky with one shot that was actually used as the cover of a fairly large magazine. The photo was taken with... a $4 disposable camera! (Fuji. Best color saturation.) Pure unmitigated luck.
                            The photo's in a box somewhere. I'll try to find it and post it.

All of the shots I've seen of the sandbar from you look good IMHO.
                            You're too kind. But thanks.
                            Now look at this guy on the left. His knees are dry. He could've easily held a camera and kept it dry:

And see all those little dots way off in the background (below)? Those are people with dry knees (and dry cameras) too!:

My offer stands, Mel.

Comment

sealed in one or two large ZipLoc bags just for extra insurance.
                              I've learned the hard way that ZipLocs are not water proof. It might be ok for a quick dunk, but not for any length of time. Better to get the waterproof bags in the camping section.

Comment

The big news today is the announcement that NCL Hawaii Cruises will be pulling the Pride of Aloha out of the island market. Of the three cruise ships operated by NCL in Hawaii, I think this was the nicest looking one, despite being the smallest. With the departure of the Pride of Hawaii last week, the island cruise market is left with NCL's Pride of America. Surely a sign of either a bad marketing plan or a softening economy.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X