Holiday goodies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday goodies!

With holidays just around the corner there are so many holiday drinks and food to enjoy!

Golfing in 30 degree weather can be really challenging but a cup of hard cider kept me warm...warm enough to swing at my ball with 3 layers on!

Another fave I just found was at Starbucks! We had 2 new Targets open up within 10 miles of my home and they both have Starbucks in them. A couple of weeks ago I tasted for the first time Pumpkin Latte and fell in love!

Just had the Gingerbread Latte and it was okay. Wanna taste their Cinnamon Latte as well as the Peppermint Mocha drink.

Other tasty treats I enjoy during the holidays:

Edy's Limited Edition Peppermint Ice Cream
    Bigelow Ginger Snappish and Pumpkin Spice Teas
    Peppermint Bark

So what drinks, snacks and foods do you enjoy at the holidays?

PS: I love Malasadas! Does Leonards come out with a holiday Malasadas? <drooling>
    Lovena

Re: Holiday goodies!

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
    [...] A couple of weeks ago I tasted for the first time Pumpkin Latte and fell in love!
    OMG!!! I'm heading down the elevator right now to see if it's offered at the Starbucks downstairs!
    [...]So what drinks, snacks and foods do you enjoy at the holidays?[...]
    Taking Hawaii's climate during the holidays into consideration, my all time fave is the Pumpkin Smash Jamba Juice. But, alas, last I heard they aren't offering it anymore.

Comment

The pumpkin latte was definitely worth the elevator ride!!! I still prefer the Pumpkin Smash JJ but the latte is not only more convenient, it's also available! Thanx for the heads up.

Comment

No prob tutusue! I had the peppermint mocha yesterday....it was okay...wished the peppermint had more zing!
        Lovena

Comment

Our office always gets bombarded with holiday gift baskets this time of season. Usually filled with packaged goodies like assorted mochi crunch, iso peanuts, Ika, Li Hing Mui Gummy Bears, yogurt-covered nuts & cookies. Sometimes flavored granular coffees. That kinda' stuff.

One thing we quickly go through (if given, which is usually) is that big assorted box of Big Island Candies Chocolate-dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies...

Big Island Candies Chocolate-dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies
          - Dark, White and Milk Chocolate varieties

Sees Candies Assorted Chocolates don't last very long either.

That big tin can of (stale) assorted flavor holiday popcorn from KMart and Walmart is pretty good too, for what it's worth. You know, the one with the regular buttered flavor, toffee flavor and sweetened (and colored) flavor divided in 3 sections. I like to mix all three for a nice savory-sweet combo'.

Manapua and pork hash is another popular "gift" we get during the holiday season. For some reason, most vendors get it from Char Hung Sut. I'm not complaining.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Ugh... holiday popcorn tins. I've been jaded by those here at work. Better get your hand in the tin before the boss does. He's been seen picking his nose and diving his hand into the tin
            -kp!

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
              Ugh... holiday popcorn tins. I've been jaded by those here at work. Better get your hand in the tin before the boss does. He's been seen picking his nose and diving his hand into the tin
              Think of that as added "protein". LOL!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                One thing we quickly go through (if given, which is usually) is that big assorted box of Big Island Candies Chocolate-dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies...
                My mouth is watering. Does anyone know of a place dat sells um now?

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I love those cookies too. My cousin introduced me to them and they're SO good!
                  Duck season is around the holidays here. My dad used to make a wonderful roast (wild) duck. It was stuffed with apples, oranges, onions, celery and rubbed with oil outside and seasoned appropriately. He used to baste it with a mixture of orange juice and butter to ensure the skin got that wonderful brown crispy texture. After cooking in the oven, he'd finish them off on the BBQ to finish the crispy skin and impart that wonderful smokey flavor. Serve it with wild rice, a bit of the au jus, veggies....couldn't get any better than that! The best part? The skin, of course! The worst? Either having to eat carefully so you didn't break your teeth on the shotgun pellets or having to pluck ducks on Thanksgiving Day/Christmas Day when he returned from hunting (and have a duck louse run up your arm)!
                  Lika

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    My mouth is watering. Does anyone know of a place dat sells um now?

Auntie Lynn
                    I always get them at www.bigislandcandies.com ~ It's my favorite "Hawaiian-Kine" gift to give away at Christmas. People love it! Shipping is fast, but kinda expensive.
                    So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

I always get chocolate covered macadamia nuts as gifts (from customers) during the holidays, which is fine to me, because I love them, but it's not something I would ever buy myself...

But with this whole "dieting" thing - It takes me awhile to finish a box...
                      I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X