Kikaida vs Kamen Rider V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kikaida vs Kamen Rider V3

Let me get this straight. Kikaida is about a robot who battles an evil organization that wants to take over the Earth and they use robots to carry out their plans. While Kamen Rider V3 is about a cyborg who battles a different evil organization that wants to take over the Earth and they use either cyborgs or mutants to carry out their plan.

Re: Kikaida vs Kamen Rider V3

Yup. Boy, those shows were creative!

Comment

Watched both these shows cuz my kids were into this...just wish I'd kept all the paraphernalia (sp?) that we bought...gave it all to Goodwill! The dolls, posters, trading cards...could have supported the kids thru college!
      Retired Senior Member

Comment

One thing I noticed that Destron which is the name of the evil organization in Kamen Rider V3 seems to be on a budget. The henchman never have weapons and I have seen only at most 2 major mutants/cyborg deployed at a time and if they do deploy 2, only one has the henchman for backup and the other don't.
        Last edited by helen; July 3, 2004, 11:36 PM.

Comment

That's so funny Helen that you noticed the weapons that Destron have! I watched some of the shows but for a million $ I could never tell you who was who
          Retired Senior Member

Comment

There is a theme with the Destron monsters' name. It's usually a name of weapon and then the name of the creature it is, like Bazooka Turtle or Hammer Armadillo. Were as the Dark (or DARK) monsters from Kikaida had a color and then the name of the robot monster. Like Gray Rhino King, Green Mantis, Orange Ant, Blue Buffalo and Yellow Jaguar (from the DVD Volume 1 of Kikaida). DARK on the other hand had their robot monsters already created as to why they do deployed one robot at a time to go after Jiro/Kikaida or do their evil assignment is beyond me.

Comment

I marvel at your memory Helen...guess you bought the DVD for Kikaida...I think one of my sons did too. When KIKU ran a special on Kikaida I was surprised to see one of my sons doing a commentary on the show!
              Retired Senior Member

Comment

I only have Kikaida Volume 1 and 2. I'm kind of waiting for Kamen Rider to come out even though I am watching it on Channel 78.

But Kikaida Volume 8 will be out on July 13.

Comment

Chalk up another defeat for the Destron henceman. This time two of them got pelted by marbles thrown by kids.

Comment

Things are looking good for the Destron henceman. They got knives now, not very big ones, but then again one of the leaders tends to chop off their heads.

Comment

When I met my husband who is local at the first time, he mentioned these names like "Kikaida", "Kamen-raidar", "Robo-con".,,,, blah-blah-blah, which stunned me a lot! Coz we Japanese have never ever thought that these characters or TV shows have been popular in Hawaii. I watched these shows when i was a kid and what surprised me the most is that Shirokiya carries whole bunch of stuff on them. I talked over this issue with some Japanese people I met on my Japanese weblog. They also have no idea why these are popular in Hawaii. Anyhow, we are really happy to know there are lots of kikaida and Kamen rider fans over here !!

Comment

Next Sunday's episode should be interesting. The guest mutant/cyborg/monster is a Gecko firing rockets.

Comment

Actually the V3 monsters were a great technical advance over those from the first series Kamen Rider "Shocker" monsters, who couldn't even afford monster legs for their costumes, so they had to wear green or black pajama pants instead.

One thing I wonder is, now that V3 is enjoying their second run of success, more than a quarter century after their first one, whether JN Production will think about importing some of the lastest Kamen Rider series, which are still (!) going on in Japan. The last five versions (Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade) are supposed to be very postmodern, angst-ridden and even somewhat metrosexual. I haven't seen any of them, but I bet they could get an audience here. . .
                          Sun-Ki Chai
                          崔勝基 (최승기)
                          sunki@hawaii.edu
                          www2.hawaii.edu/~sunki/

Comment

Well the Destron henchmen on tonight's episode got pelted with marbles from kids and those kids called them punks.

Comment

Working...
                            X