Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Went to the 6:45 pm showing of this movie at the Regency Dole 18, they were using one of the big theaters for this showing and it was around 75% full when the lights went down.

For the movie itself it was enjoyable to watch, as a sequel this movie does it's job of continuing the Indiana Jones storyline. If you never saw or forgot the previous three movies I think all you need to see is the first one, Raiders of the Lost Ark and you will be up to speed on this movie.

Comment

I liked it too. Shia LaBouf wasn't annoying like I thought he'd be.

Comment

I liked it but didn't love it. Except for Cate Blanchett.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

There are four local connections to the Indiana Jones Movies.

Anyone wanna guess what they are?

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
            There are four local connections to the Indiana Jones Movies.

Anyone wanna guess what they are?
            --George Lucas and Stephen Spielberg came up with the idea of Indiana Jones while on vacation in Hawaii.

--All of the Indiana Jones movies had some scenes shot in Hawaii.

--The Indiana Jones character is based on Hawaii-born Hiram Bingham, who discovered Machu Picchu. He was a descendent of the first Hiram Bingham, an influential missionary during the early years of the Hawaiian kingdom.

--The role of Indiana Jones was first offered to Tom Selleck (Magnum P.I.), but he had other commitments, so Harrison Ford was cast in his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
              --George Lucas and Stephen Spielberg came up with the idea of Indiana Jones while on vacation in Hawaii.

--All of the Indiana Jones movies had some scenes shot in Hawaii.

--The Indiana Jones character is based on Hawaii-born Hiram Bingham, who discovered Machu Picchu. He was a descendent of the first Hiram Bingham, an influential missionary during the early years of the Hawaiian kingdom.

--The role of Indiana Jones was first offered to Tom Selleck (Magnum P.I.), but he had other commitments, so Harrison Ford was cast in his place.

Wow, Lau Lau, you're good! Want a bonus question?

Where did the idea for the fedora and whip come from?
              (Two different sources)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                I liked it but didn't love it. Except for Cate Blanchett.
                i'm with you: i liked it but i didn't love it. not sure if my expectations were too high. anyway, for me the high point was seeing karen allen again. she looks great and i totally appreciated her comments in an interview where she said some things like a) she's been happily running some store in western massachusetts and raising her kids b) she wouldn't consider plastic surgery.
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Saw it this afternoon with a friend at Ward, we got inside as the previews were going and managed to sit in the first row of the middle section.

I think this movie may have had the most scenes that concern Indy and his fedora (either being seperated or reunited). I count at least 5 different times this becomes the focus of a scene in this movie.

Comment

I saw it tonight with my girlfriend.It wasn't the best Indiana Jones (Nothing can beat Raiders of the Lost Ark). But it was pretty damn good movie. I really liked the action and the funny lines in the movie. The alien plot line was interesting too.
                    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post

Where did the idea for the fedora and whip come from?
                      (Two different sources)
                      This is just a guess on my part. The whip is from Lash Larue, an old TV western serial. I have no idea about the fedora ... Dick Tracy?

And I saw the movie yesterday. I pretty much agree with everyone here (and most reviewers). I enjoyed it, but it's not anywhere as good as the first one. I don't think anything can beat the first one. This version paid homage, nostalgically, to the previous movies, then added something new: Indiana Jones meets the X Files. I like that.
                      Last edited by Honoruru; May 25, 2008, 07:30 AM.

Comment

The fedora is from Humphrey Bogart (Casablanca & AFrican Queen).

The whip was inspired by Zorro.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I just blogged about Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull here.
                          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

IMO, It's time to put Indy back in the mothballs along with Lucas and Spielberg. What were they thinking? Kinda reminded me of the Lost World and the Phantom Menace, a lot of flash just for cash. I expected more from these two legends of cinema.

Please don't do a sequel to E.T. !
                            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                            Flickr

Comment

There are some parts of the movie that I liked and other parts I had to say "oh plot hole". Since the movie has only been shown for a week I am going to put a spoiler on this major plot hole in the movie.

It's during the atomic blast scene, where Indiana climbs into a refrigerator to escape the blast. Not only does he escape injury by the heat, the radiation and the impact of landing inside of an unpadded lead line metal box after it has been flying through the air, but somehow the other refrigerators in the town never made it out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                                IMO, It's time to put Indy back in the mothballs along with Lucas and Spielberg. What were they thinking? Kinda reminded me of the Lost World and the Phantom Menace, a lot of flash just for cash. I expected more from these two legends of cinema.

Please don't do a sequel to E.T. !
                                it's not a big deal and i wasn't going to say anything but since you mentioned it, i do agree that it was a bit of a disappointment. on one level, one can easily argue that it was harmless, mindless entertainment. on the other hand, one could have easily expected more from these established veterans.

as far as the "plot hole" regarding the f _ _ _ _ _ , it strikes me as funny because almost everything in the movie is so far fetched!
                                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
                                X