Problems with gmail 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with gmail 2.0

Google is slowly upgrading all user accounts to 2.0 which it claims is faster and has more functionality. Maybe, maybe not.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Problems with gmail 2.0

Hmmm. Last week, my PC was slowing down and sometimes freezing -- but I blamed the problem on the other software I was running at the time. Maybe it was because of Gmail.

Comment

No problem at all with Gmail 2.0 on this side. If anything, it's a little faster, more reliable and has more features than before.

Mac OS X 10.4.11 PowerPC, Safari 3.0.4.
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

All of a sudden, Gmail takes ages to load. When I want to send an email, I push the 'older version' button, cause I like the system I was used to.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

For some reason I've always had issue with Gmail loading properly on my home comp; never anywhere else. Since the upgrade to 2.0 I can finally check my e-mail from home. . . no complaints here.
          Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Only thing I've encountered so far is a big red notice at the top saying Firebug is known to cause slowdown. But aside from a little lag upon initial load, doesn't seem to be all that slow. Firefox on Intel Mac.

Of course, with Google slipping in some flag support in their IMAP I'm still using that with my mail client so I'm rarely using the gmail interface.

Comment

Working...
            X