Making Hawaiian Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Hawaiian Music

This is probably the best 'Ōlelo show done by OHA so far. It ran last Thursday and repeats tomorrow night, Thanksgiving, at 7:00 p.m. on ʻŌlelo channel 53. (I worked on this show). Very chicken skin.

OHA #104
    NOVEMBER 9, 2007
    MAKING HAWAIIAN MUSIC
    Henry Kapono Ka’aihue
    Aaron Mahi
    Lehua Kalima Heine

Moderator: Kenneth Makuakane

An intimate journey into why Hawaiian musicians create and compose their music. Looking into the meanings behind the lyrics and how and why they were written, these artists describe how inspiration guided them to write the Hawaiian songs we know and love today…and there is music too.

COMPUTER ACCESS OF OHA/OLELO PROGRAMS

To access OLELO to view the current Ho’oulu Lahui Aloha – To Raise A Beloved Nation Round Table –

• Go to http://.www.olelo.org at 7:00 p.m. on the date of showing
    • Click on Viewers
    • Click on NATV Channel 53
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Re: Making Hawaiian Music

What is Aaron Mahi up to these days? He's a good friend and he was my choral director in Hawai'i. I sang in his Hawai'i Ecumenical Chorale. Caught up with Nola Nahulu in Jamestown, VA in May and know the group is still going. Know he's playing traditional Hawaiian music but is he doing anything else? When I came back for vacation, Aaron always took me to dinner or lunch or someplace nice. He's a good guy. Wish he'd perform in the Chicago area sometime so I could catch up with him again.

Comment

You can always catch Aaron with Martin Pahinui / Geo. Kuo, and usually Bobby Ingano on steel guitar on Sunday evenings (6pm) at the Marriott in Waikiki.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Is Aaron doing anything else than just the gigs at the Marriott? He was great with the Royal Hawaiian Band.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinLK View Post
          Is Aaron doing anything else than just the gigs at the Marriott? He was great with the Royal Hawaiian Band.
          690 hits here!!!

Comment

Working...
          X