Was that gunfire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was that gunfire?

Heard what sounded like handgun fire ~10pm in Kaimuki near Kapalono Park; 12-16 shots in half-second intervals. The report was full and long in duration. Change in direction also detected. Already called in to HPD.

Cyn's on edge as HPD already arrested a man armed with a handgun and shotgun for firing shots in the air earlier this year. That was about a block away.

Anyone else hear the commotion? Buzz?
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Re: Was that gunfire?

Heard it too. Said out loud, "Hmmm... sounds like gunshots."

Comment

Had a similar situation ver the weekend though not in Kaimuki, in Ewa. Was sitting up late at night and from a couple houses away I heard what sounded like two shots fired with about 3/4 of a second between them. Then silence.

About 15 minutes later I heard the same thing, from the same direction, with about the same volume and frequency. The third time I heard it, I finally broke down and called the police; they atually told me that they already had an officer on the way. Apparently someone else in my neighborhood had already reported it. Don't know if they ever found anything.

On a similar note; I saw two guys in town today sword fighting. They looked pretty pissed, the swords looked pretty real, and neither of them was wearing any protective gear. . . so who knows.
      Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
        On a similar note; I saw two guys in town today sword fighting. They looked pretty pissed, the swords looked pretty real, and neither of them was wearing any protective gear. . . so who knows.
        (Sigh)

Bang Bang...Screams. Broken glasses and screeching tires.

All common sounds heard in my neck of the woods.

What's new?

Just reminder folks. Be careful. Make sure your home is well secured and never take chances with anything. Be aware of your surroundings. If anything looks suspicious, call 911. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Honolulu Police Dept.
        http://honolulupd.org/

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Early one morning, late at night
          Two dead boys got up to fight
          Back to back, they faced each other
          Drew their swords and shot each other
          The deaf policeman heard the noise
          He came and killed the two dead boys
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

If they sound regular, more than likely they're fireworks. Been hearing them going off almost every evening since Thanksgiving Day. Cops won't respond as they have to see the things being lit off, plus they're always understaffed. Sounds like someone in customs got "greased"....again. Lots of aerials going off this year, more than last year.

I don't understand, they can find bugs in trees, but not illegal fireworks that can be easily sniffed out by explosives sniffing dogs or special equipment.

Comment

There's a firework that looks like a bunch of tubes mounted on a board.

Those things sound very regular and consistent, like a gun being fired.

The difference is, of course, that you will see the aerials launched skyward.

If you don't see anything, it might be a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                There's a firework that looks like a bunch of tubes mounted on a board.

Those things sound very regular and consistent, like a gun being fired.

The difference is, of course, that you will see the aerials launched skyward.

If you don't see anything, it might be a gun.
                Lots of these noisemakers don't go off with a whole lot of fanfare. Many of these aerials launch stuff equivalent to M80's and such. Those really big "firecrackers". You'll hear only a small pop as it launches, then a loud bang from 50 or 60 feet up in anywhere from 1 to 3 second intervals. There'll be only a brief flash of light.

With the proliferation of illegal aerials and it's untimely use, it's very difficult to tell the difference between it and real gunfire and unless someone is actually shot or property is damaged from bullets, the police are useless. BUT, call them anyway. You never know especially if it's at a distance.

I just figured out why I'm hearing a lot of what we're talking about and also a bunch of cars and trucks on the main road blowing their horns. I guess Leilehua won??? It would be about that time. At the 10 o'clock news, they were only at the 2nd quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
                  Heard what sounded like handgun fire ~10pm in Kaimuki near Kapalono Park; 12-16 shots in half-second intervals. The report was full and long in duration. Change in direction also detected. Already called in to HPD.

Cyn's on edge as HPD already arrested a man armed with a handgun and shotgun for firing shots in the air earlier this year. That was about a block away.

Anyone else hear the commotion? Buzz?
                  yep, i was definitely on edge that night. consider that i grew up in kalihi and that for seven years, i lived in makiki. both kalihi and makiki are neighborhoods supposedly having higher crime rates than kaimuki. but i've heard what sounded like gunfire more times near this house than near any other home i've lived in.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                  X