Worst Covers You've Ever Heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Covers You've Ever Heard?

I know this is a negative topic and understand if Admin thinks it should be removed, but I just have to say that I think the number one worst covers I've ever heard are all of the songs on the "Iz - Hawaiian Tribute" CD, especially "Henehene Kou 'Aka." Have you heard how the guy sings it? He goes like: (sings) "Henehene kou 'aka, wa'a wa'a wa'a wa'a." Absolutely hideous, as Simon from "American Idol" would say! Although the music on the album is terrible, I like it because I laugh at it every time I listen to it. Haha!

What covers do you not like at all?
    'Alika

Re: Worst Covers You've Ever Heard?

I absolutely despised Alien Ant Farm's "Smooth Criminal". It was impure sacrilege.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I loved Alien Ant Farm's cover of that song.

I hate every local band's cover of Styx's "Come Sail Away," especially Jeff Rasmussen's, because all the local bands cut out the best part -- the rocking jam at the end. They turn it into this whiny thing I can't stand.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes. . . terrible, just terrible.
        Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

In my opinion, there is a difference between a "tribute" and a plain "cover" of a song. I can't imagine anybody expecting a tribute to exactly mirror the style of the original singer. It shouldn't. It should just be taken as a sign of respect. Flawed pronunciations and all.

A "cover" of a song is simply a question of opinion
          n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
            Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes. . . terrible, just terrible.
            LB is terrible
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
              LB is terrible
              This is true.
              Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

years ago when i used to live in japan, i used to rent (yes, unlike the states, you could rent any single/album/CD you wanted to) these really bad versions of pop hits by unknown artists were worth their weight in gold cuz they were so badly done! they always used to make me laugh and i just wish i still had those tapes...
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                  ... "Iz - Hawaiian Tribute" CD, especially "Henehene Kou 'Aka." Have you heard how the guy sings it? He goes like: (sings) "Henehene kou 'aka, wa'a wa'a wa'a wa'a." Absolutely hideous, as Simon from "American Idol" would say! Although the music on the album is terrible, I like it because I laugh at it every time I listen to it. Haha!
                  this album is on itunes and I listened to clips of it. Hideous is right! I am totally debating how much this comedy album is worth to me...mahalo for sharing the link, because it made my day.

pax

Comment

The thread title doesn't say it has to be a recorded cover, so... the worst cover I ever heard was a clip on TV that most of you have probably seen -- Roseanne Barr singing the National Anthem.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well, I think this one should qualify. Pick a song, any song.

I know I've heard worse, but I'm probably repressing bad memories right now.

Comment

It doesn't matter if it's a cover or not, anything by Oliver Hai Kelley was horrible.

Comment

One word: Jawaiian. That is all.
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinLK View Post
                            It doesn't matter if it's a cover or not, anything by Oliver Hai Kelley was horrible.
                            I LOVED OHK! Surround Me With Love and I Love You Hilo are two beautiful songs that stir my heart. He had such a beautiful voice, and to hear him sing for Johnny Lum Ho during Merrie Monarch (for JLH's auana numbers) *rocked* the stadium!

I protest your conclusion.

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                            hey hey hey! There are awesome Jawaiian jams! But because this name gets no respect, we call it "Island Rythmns/Music" now.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                              I gotta second that. thumpathumpathumpa monotonously hijacked jamaican licks. To me it's a distraction from what Hawaiian music should be. A culture that is so eager to be preserved shouldn't let its unique sounds get watered down.
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                              X