Kay Bee Toy Store closing three stores in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kay Bee Toy Store closing three stores in Hawaii

Apologies if in wrong section or thread already started, but NOE just went to Pearlridge, and discovered Kay Bee Toy Store is closing. Of course I told her to hit the games, but most of those were already gone. Did anyone get any good deals?

Store employees explained their lease expired and was not renewed, any news or suggestions of what should go in its place?
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Re: Kay Bee Toy Store Pearlridge Closing

Not a likely story, about the lease.

The KayBee Store in the Kam Shopping Center in Kalihi has the same deal going. They're closing after Christmas.

Must have "lost their lease," too.
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Really? I didn't know that. Dang. That toy store has come in VERY handy for me on several occasions in my twelve-year teaching career. This is a bummer.

Maybe they'll put a movie theater in that space.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

One of my coworkers went into the Pearlridge Kay Bee store on the week of Black Friday where they had signs posted all over saying that location didn't honor the nationally-run Black Friday ad. Only the Windward Mall and Kahala Mall locations honored it. Bummers.

So where did he end up shopping? Toys R Us of course.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

We figured the reason for the non-renewal at the Pearlridge location was due to the competition with Toys R Us, but now that they're also closing the Kam Shopping Center location, it's more than we know. We're disappointed to know that both locations are closing, I sent my sister to the Kahului location to investigate.
          ___
          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Thanks for the info...
            I went to Pearlridge Kay-Bee Toy Store today to use up some gift cards that we had. Seems like everything in the store was 30% off.
            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
              Thanks for the info...
              I went to Pearlridge Kay-Bee Toy Store today to use up some gift cards that we had. Seems like everything in the store was 30% off.
              Does that include the Nintendo DS?
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The Ala Moana Kay Bee Store had a couple of signs saying "Closeout Sale".

Comment

The one at Ala Moana is indeed closing too, but I believe the one's in Maui and Big Island will remain open.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    The Ala Moana Kay Bee Store had a couple of signs saying "Closeout Sale".

Used to work at that location. I was the original batch of workers there that opened it up back in the late 80's
                    Did it really get that bad for KB?
                    Stores here where I am were closing left and right.
                    I guess they could not compete any more w. Toys R Us.

Comment

Toys R Us has been in financial problems too and there was a rumor that the Honolulu store was closing a couple years ago but never did happen.

Because so many things are bought these days online the popular brick and mortar stores of the past are biting the dust: Tower Records, KB Toys, Woolworths, etc. I think Blockbuster Video will be the next to go in droves.

Aj

Comment

I'm just glad they're not closing down the one in Kaahumanu Ctr. When my nephews were younger, I used to be in there a lot. The quality of their toys was superior to just about anywhere else on Maui.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

KB Toys closing three Hawaii stores

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                            I think Blockbuster Video will be the next to go in droves.
                            I think Blockbuster could stance a chance if they play their cards right. What they have over Netflix and its ilk (as far as the info I got, might've changed) is that not only do they offer online renting services, but also allow you to go to any store and immediately return a movie and get another one. Other programs require you to wait due mail.

Patient people who aren't in a rush to cycle through movies won't benefit, but it does add convenience.

They might lower their stock on retail items though, like movies and music. But as I don't go there, I'm not sure how the impulse shopping effect is really doing.

Is there a niche where people who rent a movie and likes it would want to purchase their own copy of the movie? If so, Blockbuster could take advantage of that.

Comment

The other "KB's" in Honolulu are a lot more profitable.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X