Note to Self:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note to Self:

Mowing the lawn in the late evening while wearing slippers = bitten on the foot by evil centipede.

My professional opinion?

Worse than the Scorpion; but doesn't quite pack the same punch as the Black Widow. On a 1 to 10 scale I give it a firm 8-8.5.

For reference sake; the nest of Yellow Jackets is my 5.
    Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Re: Note to Self:

Can we earn extra bonus points for bite location?

I had a young four-inch centipede get into bed with me last summer. When I rolled onto it, it bit me on the inside of the right thigh. Woke me right up. Actually I didn't really truly awake to gain conscious control of my muscles until I'd already teleported about 10 feet across the bedroom. Spouse was awful ticked off about all the commotion until I explained the reasons behind it, and then she was pretty quick herself.

A few inches to the left would've been hard difficult to discuss with the EMTs or the ER staff personnel.

I have no idea how or why the critter got into the bed of a second-story room. Hope you're not reading this post just before your own bedtime...
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

You should take a look at some of our older centipede stories. They'll probably get a rise out of you give you some perspective.

Comment

Sorry, suppose I could have searched for an old thread before making a new one. Good stories though. My centipede story doesn't even compare to some of them.

So yeah, morning after, my foot hurts but it still fits in my shoe so apparently I don't react as badly to centipedes as I do to honeybees. Though it does itch something awful.

Sadly though, I didn't finish my lawn. So I'll have to man up and get out there and do the other half as soon as my foot is feelin' better. Definitely gonna keep my eyes open a little wider this time.

Comment

Um...Zovo? Maybe not wear slippers next time? Glad to hear you didn't have a worse reaction.

Comment

Um...Zovo? Maybe not wear slippers next time?
            My thoughts exactly. You know, you'd think I'd know better, what with growing up around scorpions and venomous snakes and whatnot.

Comment

Here ya go!

Comment

eeep! I mow the lawn in flip flops all the time!

But, this reminds me, I haven't been to www.whatsthatbug.com in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                  I have no idea how or why the critter got into the bed of a second-story room. Hope you're not reading this post just before your own bedtime...
                  Those suckers can climb.

Had a centipede invaded my bedroom. I was working on my home PC and I just happened to look down on the floor and see the familiar movement (from childhood, got bitten one) as it crawled under my bed. I didn't sleep for 4 hours but waited for it to come out from under the bed to kill on sight.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                    Oh great. Just great. Lived in this apartment for something like 10 years and never a problem, but now that I've read that ....

Comment

No matter what anybody has to say

My nutsack rendition is by far the most gruesome. In my sleep even.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

you guys realize that centipedes supposedly come in pairs, much like certain very treasured parts of the body.

so if you see one, another is likely lurking nearby....
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I remember i just got home from a tired day of pulling weeds. I was so tired that i went to bed without even changing. When i went to the bathroom to take a leak, unzipped my pants and reached in there to pull out my willy, instead i pulled out this giant black & red centipede. It was alive! All i remember was yanking the rest of it out and threw it face or ass first into toilet and throwing the flushlever yo!

Nah, nah, i really just fled in terror and found my nice holographic cover High School planner, and used that to crush the life out of that thing. Or was it the plunger...i really don't remember. But one thing is sure, i do remember i didn't want to be a sissy in front of my dad, so i may have killed it. Or i trapped it underneath the plunger and it starved to death. Do they eat? It's not under the plunger? Oh my goodness, it still lives!
                          Last edited by Jack Hawksmoor; December 12, 2007, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                            you guys realize that centipedes supposedly come in pairs, much like certain very treasured parts of the body.

so if you see one, another is likely lurking nearby....
                            So far, I only encountered loners.

Maybe it sensed I'm lonely.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                            X