Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kona Coffee

Aloha all...
    I need some Kona coffee and am overwhelmed by all the competition...
    and to be honest... some of the prices. It seems to be ranging from $19.00 a lb to nearly $40.00 per lb. Don't need organic or 'fancy'. It all gets ground up and looks the same to me, huh?

Anyone have a Kona coffee brand you would recommend?

Our move is on and I am totally stoked... Dogs are micro-chipped and their blood work being done this Saturday. I may even have a buyer for my horse.

But, now I need to fill up on some Kona coffee.

Any recommendations?
    Mahalo,
    Koale

Re: Kona Coffee

Well here's a great place to start!
    Last edited by craigwatanabe; March 14, 2008, 09:21 AM.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Decent prices, good service

http://www.mauicoffeeroasters.com/
      "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
      Socrates.

Comment

Ahhh yes....a good cup of Kona. MMMMmmmmmmm

But not quite the punch of a $100 bag of pure crystal. Show me some Harley Davidson Peanut Butter Chicken Crank from the old skul, and I will show you a "former" Kona Coffee drinker.

Speed is the drug for Americans, who idolize hard work, fastidiousness, stick-to-it-iveness, and success.

Too funny how Kona Coffee lives on the legacy of a generation that skipped sleep in the late 60's, 70's, and 80's, and then grew old enough to become hypocrites. Yup, I'm talking to you guys, the baby boomers.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I switched to Columbian two months ago. Moa potent!

I get my beans freshly processed at Starbucks foa FREE!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post

They even sell Maui Coffee Roasters "Nickybeans" in the Kahului Costco for about $15/lb. The Estate-roasted coffees from Kauai Coffee Company are really tasty too. You can get those via mail order, and they're way cheaper than SBUX Kona.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
              Ahhh yes....a good cup of Kona. MMMMmmmmmmm

But not quite the punch of a $100 bag of pure crystal. Show me some Harley Davidson Peanut Butter Chicken Crank from the old skul, and I will show you a "former" Kona Coffee drinker.

Speed is the drug for Americans, who idolize hard work, fastidiousness, stick-to-it-iveness, and success.

Too funny how Kona Coffee lives on the legacy of a generation that skipped sleep in the late 60's, 70's, and 80's, and then grew old enough to become hypocrites. Yup, I'm talking to you guys, the baby boomers.

Sorry, Brah... your personal addictions are your own demons.
              Koale

Comment

Originally posted by Koale View Post
                [...]Our move is on and I am totally stoked... Dogs are micro-chipped and their blood work being done this Saturday.[...]
                Oh wow! That's fast. Does that mean your June visit to the Manago Hotel is off?

Comment

Aloha Tutu...
                  Oh no, it's still on for June. I can't even say 'Manago' w/out my mouth watering for their pork chops...

Our dogs are in the first throws of their quarantine process. Next is their blood work and that starts the 120 day waiting period during which time all the rest of their shots and paperwork and flight scheduling will have to be done. One is a Yorkie (Kramer), one is a Papillion (Joey) and the last is our little gal 'Sofie', she is a tiny little Pomeranian. The rest are going to good homes.

ROFLMOO...I actually, just tonight, faxed my resume' to a company hoping they will keep it on file and/or hold the position for me until I arrive...LOLOLOL... don't know what got into me. I can't believe I asked them to do that.

But hey... can you sweeten poi w/a little sugar to make it easier to swallow
                  for beginners? We are so excited!

Well, now I'm hungry... gotta go get a snack.
                  Much Aloha...
                  Koale

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post

But it ain't certified "Kona" coffee, and that's what Koale wants. Personally as much as I love a good cup of java, I think Kona coffee is a bit over-hyped, especially for the generation after the Boomers that cannot drink a cup of cream without a hint of coffee.

I'm a coffee drinker...straight up and black.

Comment

As Kona coffees go, I like Kona Joe. The trellising makes for a smooth brew and none of the bitterness that can sometimes accompany a cup of Kona. I'll take mine black, brewed in a French press.
                      "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
                        As Kona coffees go, I like Kona Joe. The trellising makes for a smooth brew and none of the bitterness that can sometimes accompany a cup of Kona. I'll take mine black, brewed in a French press.
                        Oh yeah especially those three bars of latinum

Comment

Well, I'm too old for Kona Gold.
                          "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Working...
                          X