Closing of Patti's Chinese Kitchen at Ala Moana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing of Patti's Chinese Kitchen at Ala Moana

Had a early dinner at the Ala Moana Maiki Food Court with some friends yesterday when one of them pointed out that Patti's Chinese Kitchen is closing up at the Ala Moana Food Court after the end of January.

They will still have the Pearlridge location open.

Re: Closing of Patti's Chinese Kitchen at Ala Moana

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Had a early dinner at the Ala Moana Maiki Food Court with some friends yesterday when one of them pointed out that Patti's Chinese Kitchen is closing up at the Ala Moana Food Court after the end of January.

They will still have the Pearlridge location open.
    I`m gonna miss that place! especially that ono roast duck over rice. My wife and I loved that place.
    That`s "YYYYYY" I keep saying Maui no moa good kine Chinese Restaurants! Too much imitation
    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

NO!!!!!!!!

Why? How come? Another one bites the dust....

....so much memories of Patti's foa me.

I remember the old location in Ala Moana.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oh, no!

I may be wrong, but I think they were the first Chinese (or other Asian-style) restaurant with the 1-dish, 2-dish, or 3-dish choices. But what I really miss was their sister restaurant, Lynn's Deli, which has been long gone (I think both restaurants had the same owners ... again, I may be wrong).

But I will miss Patti's Chinese Kitchen.

Comment

I've missed the old Patti's for years, from their original location at AMSC. Not the "newer" one's, though. From when they first started opening at the other malls, their food has steadily decreased in quality.

We had dinner at Windward Mall's food court, last night, and noticed no Patti's anymore. New name, but the food still looked bad. Overcooked veggies and meat you couldn't put a knife through. Everything looked like it was sitting there since lunch.

How is it that Windward and Pearlridge foodcourts have such lousy food? For the life of me, I cannot come up with any good reason. I usually end up eating a pretzel and a cup of "designer" coffee from vendors outside of the foodcourts.

Comment

I tried the Chinese food at Windward Mall. Junk!!! I went there cause my friend said Patti`s was at the Windward Mall. Talk about big dissappointment.
            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

damn, RIP
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

According to a resource, Patti's first opened doors at Ala Moana in 1967 by Calvin Chun, and named it after one of his daughters. Remember Lyn's Delicatessen in Ala Moana? That was also part of the Chun restaurant stable.

Panda Express, just a few spots over at the food court, surely must be a formidable competitor; add to that the astronomical lease rates at AMC. Rough.

Speaking of Panda Express, the one that's supposed to open next to BCD at Ward Ent. Center is still under construction. It's taking a long time.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

It's amazing.....People line up for Panda's Orange Chicken....they must put an addictive substance in there.
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I have all but sworn off from eating at Ala Moana foodcourt because just about everytime I sit down to eat I look up to see certain rodents crawling on the pipes and some of these I have even seen hanging out in the food kiosks as
                    well.

And I'm not pointing out a particular restaurant at all most of the areas I see them are near where the old kite store was, and where many people simply sit down to eat. To me that is bad enough.

I'm telling you one of these days something more than a fly will land in someone's soup and make headlines!!

Aj

Comment

big bummer. It is hard to find a Chinese restaurant in HNL that makes cold ginger chicken, and Patti's has always offered it.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                        It is hard to find a Chinese restaurant in HNL that makes cold ginger chicken, and Patti's has always offered it.
                        No it's not. I've had it at Golden Duck (didn't care for it) and Golden Palace (thought it was really good) among other places. Golden Palace is in Kalihi, near School and Houghtailing, and I believe that's sort of in your range when you're in town.

Their stuffed tofu is also quite good.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

During my years as a student you could get a pint of fried rice or noodles and a drink for a couple of dollars. *sigh*
                          ___
                          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Is there anything left of the Hawaii that I once knew?
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Its simply called competition...you see mo people lining up at the other chinese kitchen and only sporatic amts of people at Patti's. Speaking of food courts, at the windward mall side, have you folks ever tried that $6 plate/drink managed by the local family??? Try em...its pretty good and the steak deal is real good...thus Y..you see a line wen they open, at lunch and at dinner time. If you crave fo some ginger chicken, there are 2 places you can go...1 is L n L on Sand Isle road...4.75 special. Then, my favorite wagon at Pier 1...the menu is good and he's generous. btw, a new one next to cutter chevy...kkhd side....they reasonable and leave early cuz they run out fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X