unlocking an SD card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlocking an SD card?

Okay for some reason I managed to lock my Micro SD card on my Treo WX phone. I can't even reformat it with my card reader on my computer.

I've never encrypted this thing as it only holds my music collection when I'm out and about with my phone.

Is there a way to unlock this card so I can use it again?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: unlocking an SD card?

I know on mini SD cards, there's a little switch that can lock it. Not so sure about Micro SD cards and/or any card locking feature on the Treo. Sorry, not much help.

Comment

this one doesn't have a physical switch. Oh well at least the good news is that the prices of the 1-gig SD cards are dropping in price so the loss isn't so devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        this one doesn't have a physical switch. Oh well at least the good news is that the prices of the 1-gig SD cards are dropping in price so the loss isn't so devastating.
        The bad news is that you lost what you needed on that SD card.

FYI the local Fry's Electronics Store has 2-gig SD cards for $14.95 each this week. My Canon camera came with a 16-MB SD card. What good's it do me ??? I should throw it away or keep it just as a souvenir.
        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
          The bad news is that you lost what you needed on that SD card.

FYI the local Fry's Electronics Store has 2-gig SD cards for $14.95 each this week. My Canon camera came with a 16-MB SD card. What good's it do me ??? I should throw it away or keep it just as a souvenir.
          Fortunately for me what's on that card isn't information that I can't duplicate from my hard drive.

I also have a 16Mb SD card (Panasonic) I'll probably just toss it in the back of my desk.

Comment

I'd check with the card manufacturer.

Comment

Now that's a brilliant idea I never thought of that, thanks I'll give it a try

Comment

Working...
              X