• Show
Clear All

• I Am Legend

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    Did anyone see I am Legend yet???
    This movie opened yesterday (12/14/07).

Re: I Am Legend

I liked the different ending.

What brought some sympathy out of me was seeing him at the video store with the manequin lady and begging her to say something back after his dog turns on him, and the only reason he did was because he promised Samantha that he'd actually do it. I've never seen such integrity before.

Of course some die hard fanboys well yell Jihad at me and attempt to nuke me for saying this but the movie...was excellent! [air guitars]

Awesome, dude, when the single mom and her kid find him and move into his world, it was like, his mind was so far out there...yeah...what a mind trip dude. What he needs to do is chill out with Bill and Ted and play some Ultima Underworld. That game still rocks!

Comment

I saw the movie this afternoon and I really liked. However, if you're going to the theater expecting this to be a typical summer action movie (i.e. wisecracking Will Smith kicking ass against evil aliens à la "Independence Day"), you might be disappointed. This is a much more thoughtful movie than that, which is why I liked it.

There is action (lots of it), and there are spectacular special effects, but the real pluses for this movie are Will Smith's acting and the eerie and frightening depiction of a totally depopulated New York city, and maybe the end of mankind.

Comment

Hey folks...please learn to use the "spoiler" function, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Sorry! I didn't even think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Oops, sorry.

Comment

Enjoyed it! "Spoiler function" applied
              sigpic

Comment

yup, it was a pretty good movie. yeah, some unsettling special effects. i particularly liked the scene where he was hitting some golf balls...
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I saw this movie at Dole this afternoon.

Some parts of the movie kind of makes you think of things like I could not figure out what kept the infected humans alive after 3 years with no supplies coming in to New York City.

Or how a sizeable herd of deer managed to get into the city, unless there was a sizeable amount of deer in the zoos (where the lion came from too no doubt).

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    I saw this movie at Dole this afternoon.

Some parts of the movie kind of makes you think of things like I could not figure out what kept the infected humans alive after 3 years with no supplies coming in to New York City.

Or how a sizeable herd of deer managed to get into the city, unless there was a sizeable amount of deer in the zoos (where the lion came from too no doubt).
                    I take it some presumptions are given in the movie. The infected humans basically fed on the remaining immune humans and animals, thus the scene where the deer they were hunting ended up getting killed in the dark. And the deer herd is nature reclaiming the human urban landscape.

Happy New Year!!!

Comment

Forgot to mention that during one of the deserted New York City scenes there is a movie billboard that had the Superman S logo in front of a Batman bat logo, I can only assume it's not for an upcoming movie.

Comment

the fred scene was cool.

Comment

This movie gave me impressions of an apocalyptic nightmare or armaggedon.
                          However, I still enjoyed it. I think Will Smith did an excellent job much like how Tom Hanks did in Cast Away being isolated from society and carrying the story on his own.

At least Will had "Sam," a German Sherpherd dog, unlike Tom's volleyball, "Wilson," that couldn't give him warm and fuzzies.

Comment

‘I Am Legend’ screenwriter responds to conspiracy theory about vaccines and zombies (yahoo.com)

I thought "I Am Legend" was based on a true story.

Comment

Working...
                            X