Missing Kupuna: Ronald Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Kupuna: Ronald Lee

I'm posting this here on behalf of a friend whose uncle has been missing from home since December 5. He was last seen in the Pearl Ridge area on December 12. He is elderly and possibly disoriented. The media won't cover the story (the family has tried, but no one is interested) so they are asking for the help of anyone who would download the poster, print it out and hand it out or put it in your car window when you park and go into shop. If you would like a jpg version to post at your own site or blog, PM me and I'll send it to you. Any help will truly be appreciated by the family.
    Last edited by glossyp; February 27, 2008, 10:55 AM.

Re: Missing Kupuna

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    [...] The media won't cover the story (the family has tried, but no one is interested) so they are asking for the help of anyone who would download the poster, print it out and hand it out or put it in your car window when you park and go into shop. If you would like a jpg version to post at your own site or blog, PM me and I'll send it to you. Any help will truly be appreciated by the family.
    Not true.

KHON2 Morning News ran the story and asked for the public's help several times this morning.

My thoughts go out to Mr. Lee's family and prayers for his safe return.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      Not true.

KHON2 Morning News ran the story and asked for the public's help several times this morning.

My thoughts go out to Mr. Lee's family and prayers for his safe return.
      Thanks so much for letting me know. As of yesterday, when I got this info, nothing had been done and I didn't watch KHON this morning as I usually do. TV coverage is so important and was really needed.

I need to add here that it has come to my attention that KHON has been trying to help the family for a while, so my apologies for the unwarranted criticism of the media (or at least KHON!) in this regard.

The family is very worried, and I hope that Mr. Lee will be returned home safely soon.
      Last edited by glossyp; December 20, 2007, 09:22 AM. Reason: Correct bad information

Comment

KITV ran a story on it as well.
        Hope everything turns out okay...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Ron Lee is a postal employee, so the word went out to all employees this week as well. The message was sent out via e-mail and will also be given to all work units as a stand-up session and will be posted on employee bulletin boards for those that do not have e-mail access.

Our prayers go out to the family and we all hope that Ron will return to his loved ones soon.

Comment

Did they find him? I saw this one on the news.
            This is the only info I found:

http://forums.hawaiimoms.com/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

Comment

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
              Did they find him? I saw this one on the news.
              Any updates?

Comment

Re: NOW NOT Missing Kupuna: Ronald Lee

HOORAY!!! They found him!
                According to this Breaking News item:
                Ronald Lee, the 67-year-old Pacific Palisades man who has been missing since Dec. 5, has been found alive and well on the Mainland.
                Linda Lee, his wife of 35 years, appeared at a news conference this afternoon and thanked the media and the public for their support.
                Police provided no details of the disappearance other than to say that they do not believe there was criminal case involved.
                A retired postal worker, Lee left his home without his wallet, cash, credit cards or other identification on the afternoon of Dec. 5.
                Lee has flown back to Hawaii, and was at home resting this afternoon, police said.
                Police said he had no history of staying away from home and does not suffer from Alzheimer's disease or other dementia.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: Missing Kupuna: Ronald Lee

Great news.

And the person who suspected this outcome? But was cautious enough not to muse publicly when we talked on Dec. 21? You called it, all right. And I'm glad you were right.

Comment

Just saw the KGMB coverage. Excellent news.

Comment

HALLELUJAH!!!! The media coverage of his wife's tearful pleas absolutely broke my heart. Welcome home, Mr. Lee.

Comment

HOLY COW! How the heck did he get to the mainland without his wallet, ID, money, etc.?! Glad he's back. Hope they can keep him grounded.
                        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                          HOLY COW! How the heck did he get to the mainland without his wallet, ID, money, etc.?! Glad he's back. Hope they can keep him grounded.
                          Yeah! Blaine called this one -- there's a whole background story here!
                          Burl Burlingame
                          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                            How the heck did he get to the mainland without his wallet, ID, money, etc.?!
                            That's what I'd like to know. What did he do, mail himself?

Comment

Yay, I was in the Panda Express drive thru this week and hisp ic was posted right on the window. So glad to know he was found. Yes, the wifes plea was hear wrenching.

Comment

Working...
                              X