How much for a movie ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much for a movie ticket?

lol, growing up I remember the theater in Nanakuli used to be 99 cents . What an expensive world we live in now days

Comment

Well, besides inflation, movies cost more to make, or so they would want us to beleive that it affects the ticket price.
      I had a friend who worked at a movie theatre and she told me that the ticket money goes to the movie studios, that they only make money at the concession stand. I also asked if they ever clean the headrests and she laughed.
      Lets see, 2 tickets to see 'smokin' aces' $18. small popcorn and large coke $8.75. 15 minutes of trailers and commercials. And they wonder why people pirate movies.
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
        And they wonder why people pirate movies.

I was fortunate to have seen a pirated movie on DVD and it looks HORRIBLE
        Very grainy and why would I be cheep and shell out $$$ for poor quality and seeing the ocassional heads of ppl passing by on what the cam captures?

I will do the legimate way of seeing it at a matinee or when it hits on DVD

Comment

Well, I like the 1.50 theater idea.
          You have to wait but if you really want to see it on the big screen you can!
          not everyuone has 50.00 to go see the movies. Let alone take their kids!
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Adults $10
            Keiki $7
            Matinee $6 for all
            Popcorn, 1 candy, 1 drink $14
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Hiccup! Burp!
              Last edited by sinjin; January 30, 2007, 10:49 AM.
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                In Honolulu at least one has the option of waiting for it to be shown at Restaurant Row. I haven't been to it since they started to charge a $1 for a movie.

Also if you factor in the money one pays for the consession stand while watching a movie (which could vary from movie to movie) it might be cheaper to buy the DVD instead. For instance when I brought theSnakes on a Plane DVD. While I paid $15 for the DVD for what was a horrible movie it turned out kind of cheaper to do since I would have spent $7 for the movie and at least $11 (and maybe more) for food.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  In Honolulu at least one has the option of waiting for it to be shown at Restaurant Row. I haven't been to it since they started to charge a $1 for a movie.

I frequented that place too also...
                  Are their auditoriums STILL so dak u no can see wea u goin.
                  Thats why I ALWAYS went early
                  I saw flicks like Die Hard With A Vengence and Clueless there to name a few.
                  I am suprised that they are still there.

BTW, does the public libraries there big on DVD's (don't wanna say rent) available for patrons to borrow?

Its popular over here!
                  Just today I snagged....
                  - THE NIGHT LISTENER
                  - THE OMEN (REMAKE)
                  - PRARIE HOME COMPANION
                  - SUPERMAN RETURNS
                  - THANK YOU FOR SMOKING

and the only thing I spent moneywise was bus fare to get there

Comment

$7 on Kauai.

$4 for the 1st show on weekends.
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                      I was fortunate to have seen a pirated movie on DVD and it looks HORRIBLE
                      Very grainy and why would I be cheep and shell out $$$ for poor quality and seeing the ocassional heads of ppl passing by on what the cam captures?

Hey, Im not telling anyone to pirate movies, I love movies and want them to continue making big awesome movies. Even if I have a chance to obtain a big movie in good quality, I prefer to see it in the movie theater (hopefully without some kid talking on his cell phone next to me)
                      I wouldnt buy pirated movies, thats just wrong for the same reason I didnt join allofmp3.com - supercheap songs is just paying a middleman for stolen goods.

Restaurant Row. I loved the fact that they tried to go arthouse, but they just couldnt make it. I've been there several times in the past year and its always packed. I guess everyone is broke too and the $1 for the movie helps offset the amount you spend at the concession.
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

50-cents before noon and a dollar otherwise at Wallace Theaters in the Kress Building in downtown Hilo: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showtim...m?id=wn&p=.htm
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

*thinks of that Seinfeld episode*

haaaay I am not sayin PIRATED MOVIES rrrrrr good way to go now

Rather buy or watch something released by a legimate studio and not from down the corner now.

Comment

Right now Dole Canney and Ward Theaters charge $9.50 for full ticket price and $7.75 for mantinee. Of course it varies when the mantinee prices are in effect between these two theaters.

Comment

Working...
                            X