Thread: How much for a movie ticket?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How much for a movie ticket?

I'm thinking of going to the movies sometime this week, but since ticket prices has risen, I want to spend my money wisely.

I live in Waipahu, and I can take the bus to either the Pearl Highland Theaters or the PearlRidge theaters. I just want to know which place is cheaper (out of the two) or where is the cheapest theater (accessable via thebus from Waipahu).

Sorry if there is an appropriate forum for this, but I just don't know where to put it.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Default Re: How much for a movie ticket?

It's been awhile since I have been to both of those theatres that you mentioned. The Pearl Highlands which is run by Signature has stadium seating on all of it's theaters. Pearlridge on the other hand had at least 4 of it's theaters with stadium seating but that was at 4 years ago, no idea if they upgraded it or just left it the same.

If you want to save money on ticket prices you might want to go during the daytime like the first or second show of the day they are normally at a lower cost.

As far the cheapest place would be The Resturant Row theaters, but from the A bus you need to transfer to either the 42, 19, 20, 55 or 56.

I saw all three of the LOTR movies and two of the first three Potter movies at Highlands, at about $5 midweek matinee prices. It cost me $8 for the popcorn and soda.

Pearlridge is closer to me, but I listened to my sister, who goes to a lot more movies than I do; she doesn't like it at all. I think I saw the first Potter movie there, and I don't recall how much it cost or if there was anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkmeister
    I saw all three of the LOTR movies and two of the first three Potter movies at Highlands, at about $5 midweek matinee prices.
    When is a matinee? (sorry if I sound like a noob, but I don't want to wait until Spiderman 2 comes to DVD.)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Matinees are the day time showing of a movie.

My recent foray to a few theaters found the following prices:

Signature Dole Cannery: $6.00 matinee "Spiderman 2"
    Signature Pearl Highlands: $5.75 matinee "Day After Tomorrow"
    Wallace Restaurant Row: $1.00 "Passion of the Christ"

Your cost will vary depending on venue and time of day to see a movie.

$7 on Kauai.

$4 for the 1st show on weekends.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr