How much for a movie ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for a movie ticket?

I'm thinking of going to the movies sometime this week, but since ticket prices has risen, I want to spend my money wisely.

I live in Waipahu, and I can take the bus to either the Pearl Highland Theaters or the PearlRidge theaters. I just want to know which place is cheaper (out of the two) or where is the cheapest theater (accessable via thebus from Waipahu).

Sorry if there is an appropriate forum for this, but I just don't know where to put it.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: How much for a movie ticket?

It's been awhile since I have been to both of those theatres that you mentioned. The Pearl Highlands which is run by Signature has stadium seating on all of it's theaters. Pearlridge on the other hand had at least 4 of it's theaters with stadium seating but that was at 4 years ago, no idea if they upgraded it or just left it the same.

If you want to save money on ticket prices you might want to go during the daytime like the first or second show of the day they are normally at a lower cost.

As far the cheapest place would be The Resturant Row theaters, but from the A bus you need to transfer to either the 42, 19, 20, 55 or 56.

Comment

I saw all three of the LOTR movies and two of the first three Potter movies at Highlands, at about $5 midweek matinee prices. It cost me $8 for the popcorn and soda.

Pearlridge is closer to me, but I listened to my sister, who goes to a lot more movies than I do; she doesn't like it at all. I think I saw the first Potter movie there, and I don't recall how much it cost or if there was anything wrong with it.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
        I saw all three of the LOTR movies and two of the first three Potter movies at Highlands, at about $5 midweek matinee prices.
        When is a matinee? (sorry if I sound like a noob, but I don't want to wait until Spiderman 2 comes to DVD.)
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Matinees are the day time showing of a movie.

Comment

My recent foray to a few theaters found the following prices:

Signature Dole Cannery: $6.00 matinee "Spiderman 2"
            Signature Pearl Highlands: $5.75 matinee "Day After Tomorrow"
            Wallace Restaurant Row: $1.00 "Passion of the Christ"

Your cost will vary depending on venue and time of day to see a movie.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Consoildated Ward $6.75 mantinee.

Comment

Sounds like movie tickets there for matinees are pretty much the same here where I am. But then again the last posting is 2004.
                What is the going rate now? I myself prefer matinees. Shelling out $10 for a movie? DON'T THINK SO.... But there are ppl out there willing to do it and amazes me that the theaters draws crowds in the evening hours.
                There is a 12 plex just up the street from where I am at and matinees run up to 6PM and on weekends and holidays is up to 2PM. Not bad

Comment

10.00????? And I thought the prices here in Oregon were bad. 7.50 newly raised.
                  BUT we have a 1.50 theater and it is .50 on Wed. They play stuff that is almost out on DVD.

I remember going to Chicago and it was 10.00 a ticket that was 5 years ago. I about had a panic attack.
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                    10.00????? And I thought the prices here in Oregon were bad. 7.50 newly raised.
                    BUT we have a 1.50 theater and it is .50 on Wed. They play stuff that is almost out on DVD.

I remember going to Chicago and it was 10.00 a ticket that was 5 years ago. I about had a panic attack.
                    $7.50? Is that for primetime and new movies? Oregon still has a cheaper cost of living and I say that as a compliment.

Comment

The 12 PLEX that is up from my house, MATINEE = $7.00 , REGULAR = $9.75 <---- (It does seem like $10 )

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                        $7.50? Is that for primetime and new movies? Oregon still has a cheaper cost of living and I say that as a compliment.
                        No just cheaper movie tickets! And yes, that is evening prime time new movie tickets.

The most expensive theater is 8.00

We are looking to move to WV, VT, KY, TX...all at least 7% lower living costs. Houses here? SKY High...not as high as Hawaii but when people talk about economics...the words "except Hawaii" is often used LOL
                        We had the second highest cost of gas for an entire year after Hawaii of course.
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

$9 to see a movie at dole signature this past weekend.
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

You can always check Fandango:

http://www.fandango.com/TheaterListi...=cityzipsearch

Comment

For the time being $9 is the most one would pay to see a movie from either Dole or Ward for movies in the evening. I think the early shows go for $7.

Reading past posts from the Usenet group called rec.arts.movies.movie-going seem to indicate that Hawaii's movie ticket prices are slightly lower than some places on the US mainland.

Comment

Working...
                              X