Hancock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hancock

Was checking out the Apple Trailers web site when I came across this movie called Hancock.

It stars Will Smith, opens on July 2, 2008 and can be classified in the superhero genres with some parody and comedy mixed in.

If you look at the preview Hancock is a super hero who causes more damage while trying to save the day.

Re: Hancock

It ain't easy being a super.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I really like this film! Wil Smith is perfect in this twist of a superhero film. Funny without being over the top, this movie is a welcome change to this gender of films.....watch out Iron Man, Hancock just may win the Superhero Summer.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

I dunno. Have seen this type of superhero personality already in comic books, and they tend to be comical like Booster Gold from DC Comics.

Comment

He's no Booster Gold...The whole film has a nice paced feel to it. To me the
          trailer is totally wrong to what the story is about. It wiil be the surprise hit of the summer.

Flickr

Comment

I like this movie without even seeing it...

Cause that's my last name
            website - http://www.brianhancock.com
            blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

The first half of this movie is terrific; I was about to declare it the best superhero film of all time. The second half was a major letdown. People who've seen it know why I can't really say much, but:

The dynamic between the annoying-but-needy Hancock and the kind-but-also-needy Jason Bateman character was TERRIFIC in this film. Hancock is all swagger; Bateman is all irony and undertone. It's great to see. This dynamic is completely erased in the second half of the film, and I'm sorry, but there's not enough character development of the Charlize Theron character to establish any kind of caring about her. It's sorta like the difference between Men in Black, which was about the relationship between the Smith and Tommy Lee Jones characters, and Men in Black II, which was about action, aliens, and effects. The actors did a great job; it was the material in Hancock that let me down. Bateman and Smith should have been given a chance to let their characters do the work in the second half of the film and not leave it all up to action sequences. Argh!
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Saw this movie today at Ward Theaters with Albert.

It was a strange but fun movie, I knew it parodied the super hero genre and all that but still there are moments that make you think. For instance the bank job, the mastermind counted on Hancock not to be there so he and his gang bring a lot of weapons to counter the police that do show up and C4 to wire up the hostages for just in case, but didn't think of bringing more C4 to blow open the vault.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post

It was a strange but fun movie, I knew it parodied the super hero genre and all that but still there are moments that make you think. For instance the bank job, the mastermind counted on Hancock not to be there so he and his gang bring a lot of weapons to counter the police that do show up and C4 to wire up the hostages for just in case, but didn't think of bringing more C4 to blow open the vault.
                  And you called him a mastermind?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post

Maybe he was an LA mastermind

Flickr

Comment

Well, Will Smith is my second favorite movie actor (after Brad Pitt, of course), and this was very silly but entertaining because of him.

Now then, Helen did suggest over lunch afterwards what I agree would be an incredibly great cast for a movie: Brad Pitt, Will Smith and Meryl Streep.

Oh yes, I would certainly want to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                        Well, Will Smith is my second favorite movie actor (after Brad Pitt, of course), and this was very silly but entertaining because of him.

Now then, Helen did suggest over lunch afterwards what I agree would be an incredibly great cast for a movie: Brad Pitt, Will Smith and Meryl Streep.

Oh yes, I would certainly want to see that.
                        Are they making Ocean's 14?

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                          Brad Pitt, Will Smith and Meryl Streep.
                          I still have trouble seeing Streep "in character." Rather than the suspension of disbelief that I like a movie to create, I always seem to view her as "Meryl Streep AS ... {insert character name here}." Don't get me wrong, she's a brilliant actor - but I always see too much of her coming through in the role. Does that make sense?

I see by your latest posts that you are catching up on a lot of movies these days, Albert. Hope all is going well for you.

Comment

Saw it today. Romping good fun. The DU loved it. Second time for her.

We are a comic book family, so you must understand where my heart lies when it comes to the whole superhero thing.

If you have a struggling reader in your home, age 6-12, try investing in comic books. When they read a book they don't care about, they will pass over words they don't understand. But in a comic, they will stop and ask, "What does that word mean?"
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Usually don't like "superhero" movies (may be age thing), but I like this one. Very nice unusual story twist ... and Charlize Theron ... smoking hot!

Comment

Working...
                              X