Artlines (Ala Moana Center) Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artlines (Ala Moana Center) Closing

I decided to risk the mental trauma and actually visited Ala Moana Center today. During my trip I discovered that Artlines is going out of business. Not sure if any of you are fans (I've bought many a shiny piece of jewelry there myself, along with a few ethnic purses and even a belly dancer chain), but you may want to visit for their discounted merchandise.

Not sure when their last day will be.

Artlines, the fashion side of me will be sad to see you go. However, my wallet is probably breathing a sigh of relief that you won't be there to tempt me anymore!

Re: Artlines (Ala Moana Center) Closing

Artlines has been there for like almost forever.

I've always been puzzled about their merchandise (but then again, I'm a guy), and I was always amazed how they were able to survive through all these years (because of their eclectic and unusual merchandise). I remember actually going in there a couple of decades ago (probably out of curiosity) and meeting a clerk who knew me from years before (many, many years before; I didn't even recognize him).

I never really understood what Artlines was all about, but I admire the fact that they survived so long. Alas, there seems to be less room in this world for unique, eclectic, one-of-a-kind establishments.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
      I've bought many a shiny piece of jewelry there myself, along with a few ethnic purses and even a belly dancer chain
      I'm not sure as I dare ask on a family forum but wha.......

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        I'm not sure as I dare ask on a family forum but wha.......
        Haha, you didn't know those things make great belts for black pants when you go out in the evening? Still have it, though I haven't worn in it quite a while...it makes a nice statement without being over the top.

Maybe I'll pull it out for the next HT holiday party!

Comment

Ooooooo. If the word gets out, I think we'll have to find a bigger place for our next party.

Comment

Wow. Weird. 'Twas the weekend before Christmas (I know, insanity!), and we were walking past Artlines. Jen said, as we approached, "I can't believe this place is still here!" And at that moment, I pointed out the sign. "Oh," she said. I, too, was impressed at its longevity, considering the niche it served.

Anyone know if they're going anywhere, or just going away? I could see Artlines in Kailua, or Manoa, or Haleiwa... anywhere hippies congregate.

Comment

Just FYI- I was shopping in Artlines the other day and most things are 50%-60% off. I found some great deals on earrings (buy 2 or more, its 7.00 each) on a selected rack. Rings are also 50% off in display case. The owner said Thursday is his last day open at the mall.

Comment

Working...
              X