Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Default The Sarah Connor Chronicles

can't wait to watch this. the preview looks awesome. i just hope it's not a case of great previews and lousy program

http://www.fox.com/fallpreview/new/s...chronicles.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termina...nor_Chronicles
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Default Re: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I thought the actress was quite regal as the queen in 300, but my first instinct was to spit venom at the audacity of proclaiming her Sarah Connor.

Time will tell if her ovaries are worthy.

pax

Quote Originally Posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    I thought the actress was quite regal as the queen in 300, but my first instinct was to spit venom at the audacity of proclaiming her Sarah Connor.

Time will tell if her ovaries are worthy.
    ha! ha! i LOVE your writing style!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Quote Originally Posted by shaveice View Post
    ha! ha! i LOVE your writing style!
    my writing style? No, we had better love the writing style of the nefarious buggahs who dare attempt to bring Sarah Connor's story to the small screen.

My standards are high and I am prepared to *hate* it. That's because I loved the Terminator and I truly loved T2 so much that it ranks among my all-time favorite movies. I was a young mamma of my firstborn when T2 came out, and had never seen such a character range before. Sarah Connor was the typically distressed damsel in the first movie, but evolved into such a maternal badass by the second flick. It was so easy to suspend disbelief about things like killer cyborgs, because her character was approachable and real.

T2 defined it for us Gen-Xer chicks. Those producers had best not eff this up, and I fear/half expect they will.

pax

I look forward to seeing how Summer Glau does in the protector Terminator role. She's been a favorite in our house since the much beloved Firefly series.

Quote Originally Posted by glossyp View Post
    I look forward to seeing how Summer Glau does in the protector Terminator role. She's been a favorite in our house since the much beloved Firefly series.
    yup, i definitely don't want this thread to go off topic but you're right: that'll be interesting to watch. she/firefly was a great delight to watch!

Sighs. Not really anxious for the new series. It airs on FOX, notorious for canceling many of my favorite genre shows, including Firefly.

Glad that Summer Glau can find work after Firefly.

Is the storyline taking place AFTER T2?

I think this show will start out great, but there will be too much running around. The Firefly lady look way hotter than when she was in Firefly as River Tam. If this show doesn't go the same way as other failed movie series like "ferris beuller", "young indiana jones" and a few other I can't think of right now I'd be surprised. The only movie that was a series that I can think of that actually worked was "Fame" in the 80's.

I'm seriously surprised that networks haven't scraped absolute bottom and tried to resurrect things like "The Star Wars Holiday Special" (see youtube) or some tv show about Ewoks.

Although the new "Knight Rider" starts sometime soon....it's a shelby mustang now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittrick View Post
    I think this show will start out great, but there will be too much running around. The Firefly lady look way hotter than when she was in Firefly as River Tam.
    As River, Summer looks like a little girl.

If this show doesn't go the same way as other failed movie series like "ferris beuller", "young indiana jones" and a few other I can't think of right now I'd be surprised.
    You're not banking on this one to stick around for more than one season, huh?

The only movie that was a series that I can think of that actually worked was "Fame" in the 80's.
    You forgot Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    As River, Summer looks like a little girl.

You're not banking on this one to stick around for more than one season, huh?

You forgot Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
    I'm still waiting for the premiere of "Buffet the Vampire Layer" (obligatory "Friends" reference).

Naw, one season I give the chronicles. I could be wrong though!

Media Life Magazine takes a brief look at the show and has excerpts from some reviews. Generally positive. Sarah Connor Chronicles

Talking Re: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I'm still waiting for the premiere of "Buffet the Vampire Layer" (obligatory "Friends" reference).
    You must be a Misty Mundae* fan.

*Google her if you want to know what she does for a living.

http://www.fox.com/terminator/

Summer Glau! But I can't help but think they made her look like a rip off of the Borg Queen in one of the Star Trek movies. I hope the show is good!

I don't know about this. The Terminator movies are epic action flicks. A TV series sorta cheapens the franchise for me.

I hope to hell it kicks ass.

I am also a little apprehensive. I seen some of the trailers. The future leader of the human race is enrolled in school?

If I knew what was going down in the future, I would be holed up deep in the Mexican desert teaching my son how to make C4 from a cactus and a 64 Buick hubcap.

Perhaps the writers can get me past this but where I went to school, there was a good chance of getting shanked just walking down the halls.

"but that doesn't make for good TV". I'll save someone the effort of typing the logical response.
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

I am surprised to see this much activity...

honestly, for me it falls in the re-hash category. Sure, this concept has not been done, but the concept is based on an already done, and hard to beat, series.

I am less then optimistic about the program.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

i didn't think it was great but neither did it suck. for light entertainment, i don't mind following the show for (at least) a few more episodes...

:::::spit

It is critical to get rid of the initial bile in order to stave off a full-blown projectile vomit.

One Tree John: somebody, give him a guitar so he can belt out a ballad!

Hannah-Monterminator: fgrourckahack-uh-HACK! 96lb weakling-goober-girl!

Sarah: My my, we manage to not only assassinate the memory of not just one immortal character, but two: now I cannot think of Leonidas, as he was dying, crying out "my queen!" without aching to reply, "she's dead, dude. Her career jumped the shark as soon as she morphed into some lame facsimile of a Miz Connor"

Weenie-Terminator: clearly the writers were striking when they wrote the scene of WT carrying away da maddah. A real terminator woulda shredded her on contact and morph into her.

ohhhmytummyissore....

pax

ha! ha! good one! you clearly have much higher expectations than i do! since my expectations are lower, i wasn't disappointed. like i said, tho, i LOVE your writing style! keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
    I am less then optimistic about the program.
    I'm less than optimistic about the local FOX affiliate (formerly NBC affiliate). I got no OTA feed from KHON2. Just plain static. I thought that was part of the show, with SkyNet interrupting our viewing.

To be fair, KHNL is sending out snow on its OTA video feed.

It only takes an island-wide power outage to knock down KGMB and KITV off-the-air, IME.

After sitting through the production company's propoganda about their responsibilities to the movies I had hope. After watching the premier I am thoroughly disgusted but not surprised. Typical teen pablum.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Last night was 'slightly' better.

On Mz Connor:
    Putting Kevlar in a POS chair in the event it needs to be used as a shield- Good
    Laying down a motorcycle and taking a terminator's shins out from under them- Good
    Cache of weapons hidden in a wall behind wall paper- Good

Not changing your alias after moving- Muy Malo

Still need to grow some arms though.

On the show:

Starting to build a little mythology, gotta pay close attention to the details. Removing the head will not kill the body. Fighters sent back in time to assist. Informants. Young John Connor is capable of bruising flesh. Doctor office visits.

Not into the female to female tension but you Ladies may be digging that.

And Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is it with going to school? Geography and calculus ain't gonna help in the new world.
    Last edited by nachodaddy; January 15th, 2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: forgot one
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Quote Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
    After sitting through the production company's propoganda about their responsibilities to the movies I had hope. After watching the premier I am thoroughly disgusted but not surprised. Typical teen pablum.
    yeah, i can understand your position. no one in their right mind would ever argue that this is particularly creative, innovative, bold, surprising, etc....

I'm also in the "isn't great but doesn't suck" category, and I think it's leaning just a little more on the sucky side than the greatness one.

Still, I'm a fan of the story laid down by the movies, and enough of one that I'll keep watching the show. I just wished it was better. ...and I wish it was in high definition.

Quote Originally Posted by nachodaddy View Post
    I am also a little apprehensive. I seen some of the trailers. The future leader of the human race is enrolled in school?
    I just saw part one of the series premier two days ago on my dvr. And I agree with nachodaddy. The whole safety and such problem just screamed HOMESCHOOL to me. We homeschool and if ever there was a reason to homeschool, wouldn't this be it?!

I thought the girl was okay. Cool name, now that i know it. Summer Glau? Sounds like a Chinese girl trying to disguise her background. If only I'd thought of that when teased about my last name rhyming with popular Hawaiian food item...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast