The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sarah Connor Chronicles

can't wait to watch this. the preview looks awesome. i just hope it's not a case of great previews and lousy program

http://www.fox.com/fallpreview/new/s...chronicles.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termina...nor_Chronicles
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I thought the actress was quite regal as the queen in 300, but my first instinct was to spit venom at the audacity of proclaiming her Sarah Connor.

Time will tell if her ovaries are worthy.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
      I thought the actress was quite regal as the queen in 300, but my first instinct was to spit venom at the audacity of proclaiming her Sarah Connor.

Time will tell if her ovaries are worthy.
      ha! ha! i LOVE your writing style!
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
        ha! ha! i LOVE your writing style!
        my writing style? No, we had better love the writing style of the nefarious buggahs who dare attempt to bring Sarah Connor's story to the small screen.

My standards are high and I am prepared to *hate* it. That's because I loved the Terminator and I truly loved T2 so much that it ranks among my all-time favorite movies. I was a young mamma of my firstborn when T2 came out, and had never seen such a character range before. Sarah Connor was the typically distressed damsel in the first movie, but evolved into such a maternal badass by the second flick. It was so easy to suspend disbelief about things like killer cyborgs, because her character was approachable and real.

T2 defined it for us Gen-Xer chicks. Those producers had best not eff this up, and I fear/half expect they will.

pax

Comment

I look forward to seeing how Summer Glau does in the protector Terminator role. She's been a favorite in our house since the much beloved Firefly series.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
            I look forward to seeing how Summer Glau does in the protector Terminator role. She's been a favorite in our house since the much beloved Firefly series.
            yup, i definitely don't want this thread to go off topic but you're right: that'll be interesting to watch. she/firefly was a great delight to watch!

Comment

Sighs. Not really anxious for the new series. It airs on FOX, notorious for canceling many of my favorite genre shows, including Firefly.

Glad that Summer Glau can find work after Firefly.

Is the storyline taking place AFTER T2?
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I think this show will start out great, but there will be too much running around. The Firefly lady look way hotter than when she was in Firefly as River Tam. If this show doesn't go the same way as other failed movie series like "ferris beuller", "young indiana jones" and a few other I can't think of right now I'd be surprised. The only movie that was a series that I can think of that actually worked was "Fame" in the 80's.

I'm seriously surprised that networks haven't scraped absolute bottom and tried to resurrect things like "The Star Wars Holiday Special" (see youtube) or some tv show about Ewoks.

Although the new "Knight Rider" starts sometime soon....it's a shelby mustang now!

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
                  I think this show will start out great, but there will be too much running around. The Firefly lady look way hotter than when she was in Firefly as River Tam.
                  As River, Summer looks like a little girl.

If this show doesn't go the same way as other failed movie series like "ferris beuller", "young indiana jones" and a few other I can't think of right now I'd be surprised.
                  You're not banking on this one to stick around for more than one season, huh?

The only movie that was a series that I can think of that actually worked was "Fame" in the 80's.
                  You forgot Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    As River, Summer looks like a little girl.

You're not banking on this one to stick around for more than one season, huh?

You forgot Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
                    I'm still waiting for the premiere of "Buffet the Vampire Layer" (obligatory "Friends" reference).

Naw, one season I give the chronicles. I could be wrong though!

Comment

Media Life Magazine takes a brief look at the show and has excerpts from some reviews. Generally positive. Sarah Connor Chronicles

Comment

I'm still waiting for the premiere of "Buffet the Vampire Layer" (obligatory "Friends" reference).
                        You must be a Misty Mundae* fan.

*Google her if you want to know what she does for a living.

Comment

http://www.fox.com/terminator/

Summer Glau! But I can't help but think they made her look like a rip off of the Borg Queen in one of the Star Trek movies. I hope the show is good!

Comment

I don't know about this. The Terminator movies are epic action flicks. A TV series sorta cheapens the franchise for me.

I hope to hell it kicks ass.

Comment

I am also a little apprehensive. I seen some of the trailers. The future leader of the human race is enrolled in school?

If I knew what was going down in the future, I would be holed up deep in the Mexican desert teaching my son how to make C4 from a cactus and a 64 Buick hubcap.

Perhaps the writers can get me past this but where I went to school, there was a good chance of getting shanked just walking down the halls.

"but that doesn't make for good TV". I'll save someone the effort of typing the logical response.
                              You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Working...
                              X