The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I am surprised to see this much activity...

honestly, for me it falls in the re-hash category. Sure, this concept has not been done, but the concept is based on an already done, and hard to beat, series.

I am less then optimistic about the program.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

i didn't think it was great but neither did it suck. for light entertainment, i don't mind following the show for (at least) a few more episodes...
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

:::::spit

It is critical to get rid of the initial bile in order to stave off a full-blown projectile vomit.

One Tree John: somebody, give him a guitar so he can belt out a ballad!

Hannah-Monterminator: fgrourckahack-uh-HACK! 96lb weakling-goober-girl!

Sarah: My my, we manage to not only assassinate the memory of not just one immortal character, but two: now I cannot think of Leonidas, as he was dying, crying out "my queen!" without aching to reply, "she's dead, dude. Her career jumped the shark as soon as she morphed into some lame facsimile of a Miz Connor"

Weenie-Terminator: clearly the writers were striking when they wrote the scene of WT carrying away da maddah. A real terminator woulda shredded her on contact and morph into her.

ohhhmytummyissore....

pax

Comment

ha! ha! good one! you clearly have much higher expectations than i do! since my expectations are lower, i wasn't disappointed. like i said, tho, i LOVE your writing style! keep it up!
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            I am less then optimistic about the program.
            I'm less than optimistic about the local FOX affiliate (formerly NBC affiliate). I got no OTA feed from KHON2. Just plain static. I thought that was part of the show, with SkyNet interrupting our viewing.

To be fair, KHNL is sending out snow on its OTA video feed.

It only takes an island-wide power outage to knock down KGMB and KITV off-the-air, IME.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

After sitting through the production company's propoganda about their responsibilities to the movies I had hope. After watching the premier I am thoroughly disgusted but not surprised. Typical teen pablum.
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Last night was 'slightly' better.

On Mz Connor:
                Putting Kevlar in a POS chair in the event it needs to be used as a shield- Good
                Laying down a motorcycle and taking a terminator's shins out from under them- Good
                Cache of weapons hidden in a wall behind wall paper- Good

Not changing your alias after moving- Muy Malo

Still need to grow some arms though.

On the show:

Starting to build a little mythology, gotta pay close attention to the details. Removing the head will not kill the body. Fighters sent back in time to assist. Informants. Young John Connor is capable of bruising flesh. Doctor office visits.

Not into the female to female tension but you Ladies may be digging that.

And Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is it with going to school? Geography and calculus ain't gonna help in the new world.
                Last edited by nachodaddy; January 15, 2008, 02:28 PM. Reason: forgot one
                You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                  After sitting through the production company's propoganda about their responsibilities to the movies I had hope. After watching the premier I am thoroughly disgusted but not surprised. Typical teen pablum.
                  yeah, i can understand your position. no one in their right mind would ever argue that this is particularly creative, innovative, bold, surprising, etc....

Comment

I'm also in the "isn't great but doesn't suck" category, and I think it's leaning just a little more on the sucky side than the greatness one.

Still, I'm a fan of the story laid down by the movies, and enough of one that I'll keep watching the show. I just wished it was better. ...and I wish it was in high definition.

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                      I am also a little apprehensive. I seen some of the trailers. The future leader of the human race is enrolled in school?
                      I just saw part one of the series premier two days ago on my dvr. And I agree with nachodaddy. The whole safety and such problem just screamed HOMESCHOOL to me. We homeschool and if ever there was a reason to homeschool, wouldn't this be it?!

I thought the girl was okay. Cool name, now that i know it. Summer Glau? Sounds like a Chinese girl trying to disguise her background. If only I'd thought of that when teased about my last name rhyming with popular Hawaiian food item...
                      Wendi Lau

www.LocalKineGames.com

Comment

I'm finding the show harder and harder to like. I'm still watching it, but that's mostly because my DVR doesn't fill up like it used to when all the new fall season shows were playing.

I don't get why Cameron (the Summer Glau terminator) is suddenly cold and robotic. When John first met her, she behaved like a normal human. Big gaping plot holes like that just kill it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                          I don't get why Cameron (the Summer Glau terminator) is suddenly cold and robotic. When John first met her, she behaved like a normal human. Big gaping plot holes like that just kill it for me.
                          I totally agree! I didn't get why she could blend in when she first met John and now she's so awkward and robotic. Maybe we only saw a small slice of interaction with her and John the first time and she wasn't blending in any better at the first school overall, but she seems to be getting less and less able to pass for human as the story progresses. and what's with the wanting to kill everyone all the time? She might have been right about the old forger guy but it seems like killing people shouldn't be the default first option for anyone or anything trying to save the human race *g*

Comment

The last two episodes have really turned the show around for me. It's actually getting interesting now. I'm glad, because I really like the Terminator movies, and I didn't want the franchise to go downhill.

Comment

Working...
                            X