In Texas (it's the little things!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In Texas (it's the little things!)

I got my tamales (imported from Cali) at Costco. There was a lady giving samples and I bought some. I am not a big tamale fan though.

Comment

There's a Mexican grocery store that sells fresh home-made tamales on the second and last Saturdays of the month. A friend of mine from Texas, who always laments that it's difficult to find good Mexican or Tex-Mex food in Hawaii, swears by these tamales, saying it's the real deal. She also lived in Mexico for a while.

The store's name is Mercade de la Raza at 1315 South Beretania Street. It's near an Asian grocery store. This coming Saturday would be the second Saturday of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by shen View Post
        Guess WHAT! I just found out they're opening an L&Ls in Lewisville, about 45 minutes from me! Hopefully we get a good one. The guy I called (the owner) was a really nice dude.
        Dude, they openin a L&Ls in Lewisville? Ha, I gotta go when they open. You said you saw Hawaiian Sun at a place called Kazys? Heh, I gotta go check that out now too...
        Last edited by helen; January 12, 2008, 09:42 AM. Reason: fixing quote tag
        Words are one thing. Actions are another.

Comment

Originally posted by Sero1 View Post
          Dude, they openin a L&Ls in Lewisville? Ha, I gotta go when they open. You said you saw Hawaiian Sun at a place called Kazys? Heh, I gotta go check that out now too...
          Yeah Kazy's has lots of stuff!

Where you stay??

Comment

Ha! I've been making empty threats to bring the L&L chain down here to Austin for a long time. I bet an L&L would make a killing if it opened next to the UT campus.

Comment

Hey....just wondering, but its the Kazy's you went to in Downtown Dallas?
              Words are one thing. Actions are another.

Comment

Originally posted by Sero1 View Post
                Hey....just wondering, but its the Kazy's you went to in Downtown Dallas?
                No, it's right near 635 on Greenville.

You can go straight up Greenville (assuming you're north of mockingbird-- don't forget you can't go north on Greenville at Mockingbird! ) and right before 635 turn right on Markville. You'll think you went the wrong way, it just looks like a bunch of warehouses. It's at the very end-- just look for "Kazy's gourmet."

You can also get there using 635-- just exit Greenville and go south, immediately turning left on Markville (just after the Racetrac).

Tell me if you go! It's great, and totally worth it.

Comment

Working...
                X