KGMB and Oceanic Agree on HDTV!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGMB and Oceanic Agree on HDTV!!!

Just heard from a source that KGMB and Oceanic have agreed on an HDTV deal. (YES! Finally!) KGMB will have its own HD channel on Oceanic, Channel 1007. My source thinks it will start as early as tomorrow and definitely in time for this weekend's NFL Playoff games. You heard the news here first! (Hopefully its true)

Re: KGMB and Oceanic Agree on HDTV!!!

Originally posted by tvnewsguy View Post
    Just heard from a source that KGMB and Oceanic have agreed on an HDTV deal. (YES! Finally!) KGMB will have its own HD channel on Oceanic, Channel 1007. My source thinks it will start as early as tomorrow and definitely in time for this weekend's NFL Playoff games. You heard the news here first! (Hopefully its true)
    Here is the link straight from KGMB9.com.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/3222/76/

...and looks like KGMB9 will be the first local station in Hawaii to broadcast their news in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by tvnewsguy View Post
      Cheeeeeze! Can't imagine someone called TVNEWSGUY needing to quote/hide sources regarding TV news!!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I turned in my story this afternoon -- about two hours ago ... and we held it for competitive reasons ... but now it's posted at Star-Bulletin online.

See the breaking news at the left top o' the home page.

(starbulletin.com)

I'm stoked for all you HDTV viewers who've been e-mailing me, the station, the cable co., etc.

I'm MORE stoked that we scooped the Tizer and that I had my story done well before the station posted its story online.

*grinning because I love this business*
        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle View Post
          I turned in my story this afternoon -- about two hours ago ... and we held it for competitive reasons ... but now it's posted at Star-Bulletin online.

(starbulletin.com)

I'm stoked for all you HDTV viewers who've been e-mailing me, the station, the cable co., etc.

I'm MORE stoked that we scooped the Tizer and that I had my story done well before the station posted its story online.

You rocK, EriKa! Glad you're finally bacK from your breaK!
          @;-)
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Thanks lavagal -- and I'm glad to be back too, in a way ... though I did enjoy being a slug whose eldest son came home from intel school for the holidays.

Have a great evening -- I'm going back to dinner prep.
            Last edited by Erika Engle; January 9, 2008, 05:27 PM. Reason: Change of ref. to screen name.
            I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle View Post

(starbulletin.com)

Congrats on scooping the Tizer Erika! Though its not surprising cause you're awesome and you scoop them on a regular basis. I'm just glad the news was true. In fact, I turned to HD-KGMB TONIGHT and it was working already, and it looked FANTASTIC! Thank you Oceanic and KGMB for finally getting this done.

Comment

The 1007 KGMB HD channel was on the air -- er, on the cable box -- as of yesterday afternoon.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
                  ...and looks like KGMB9 will be the first local station in Hawaii to broadcast their news in HD.
                  I knew it was coming! But without coming to an agreement with Time Warner, launching HD news for KGMB would've essentially been for naught since the state has like 90% cable penetration (in other words, hardly anyone would actually be watching them in HD)

On a side note, Keahi Tucker in HD... score!!!

Comment

I just caught their news tonight and I've never seen it sharper! If it's not HD yet, then they're doing a damn good job of upconverting the SD signal. For the first time, I was able to see that one of the large monitors on the wall of the set where they do stand-ups is an Olevia. I could never make out the lettering on the bezel on the SD channel.

Oh, I also noticed that KGMB is broadcasting in Dolby 5.1, something that not all of the other stations have been doing. I had it on while I was doing other things in the living room and suddenly got some major sound out of the rear surround speakers. Startled me for a second! The wait was intolerable, but it looks like they really did it right!
                    No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Working...
                    X