X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote For The Tikiyaki Orchestra - Hawaii Music Awards "best Exotica Cd

Aloha HT Ohana

Yours truly is nominated for an HMA

The Tikiyaki Orchestra "StereoExotique" has been nominated for the 2007 HAWAII MUSIC AWARDS "Best Exotica CD".

It's a people's choice award, so if you love the CD, or would love to help out, vote here...

http://www.hawaiimusicawards.com/voting/

Look for the "EXOTICA" category.

Winning this would be a huge honor, so any support from the HT ohana would be GREATLY apppreciated.

Many Mahalos

Jim
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: Vote For The Tikiyaki Orchestra - Hawaii Music Awards "best Exotica Cd

Done! One vote per day? Cool!

Comment

Congrats' bro!

I just casted a vote for "StereoExotique".

That Waitiki tune sounded pretty good, too. I notice on their website that they're even selling a vinyl LP version for that full-on retro experience. That's pretty cool. Your coaster deal is cool too, though.

Noticed that they use the same "EXOTICOLOR" banner on the top of their album cover. Yours is more creative though, as you incorporated the album title into it.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Yea

That Waitiki CD is good. I actually saw last year that there was an Exotica category because I saw on their website that they won last year, and I thought, "why not? I'll give it a shot"

It'd be fun to win an award for this CD, but I don't use it as any measure of good, better or best...just a great way for people who would not normally hear of The Tikiyaki Orchestra to find out about the CD.

Thanx guys and girls for the votes !

Comment

congrats, Tiki! Being nominated is quite an honor, and I hope it comes out in your favor

pax

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
            The Tikiyaki Orchestra "StereoExotique" has been nominated for the 2007 HAWAII MUSIC AWARDS "Best Exotica CD". It's a people's choice award, so if you love the CD, or would love to help out, vote here... http://www.hawaiimusicawards.com/voting/
            Done deal. Just voted, for your category and many others.

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
            It'd be fun to win an award for this CD, but I don't use it as any measure of good, better or best...just a great way for people who would not normally hear of The Tikiyaki Orchestra to find out about the CD.
            That's the perfect attitude to have, Jim, especially when it comes to the Hawaii Music Awards.
            The HMA's have had a really bad reputation for a long time, because anyone could vote an unlimited amount of times and there are certain acts/record companies who organize massive ballot-stuffing. (You may recall earlier posts of mine, discussing the same thing happening at record stores to artificially inflate published sales figures for certain artists/labels.)
            However, I seem to recall that for the last year or two the HMA's were set up to allow only one vote, one time, per person. That gained them a bit more respect. So it's sad to see they're reverted to a system that allows -- nay, encourages -- fraudulent voting.
            For that reason, the HMA's will remain far far beneath the cachet and respect of the Hoku Awards.
            You know that I hope you win it. And I'm glad you're keeping it in perspective.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Wow, that's crazy. Yea....all in name of exposure and a little fun...

Comment

My vote is in! Congrats.

Comment

Bummer.
                  The results are in and Waitiki took the Exotica category.
                  Full results are at that link.
                  But I'm sure that bigger and better things lie ahead for Tikiyaki.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The AF just got back from a brief trip home, via Hawaiian Air; she got a kick out of hearing Tikiyaki Orchestra on one of their inflight audio programs. Yet another fan, Jim.

Comment

Working...
                    X