X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol Season 7 (2008)

Results 4/10 show

How dare they go against Survivor!

SAFE, sent back to the couch: Syesha and Carly.

MICHAEL HAS THE LOWEST NUMBER OF VOTES.

NO ANNOUNCEMENT OF BOOT FOR MICHAEL.

Ryan explains that nobody went on IGB week last year.

THEN FINALLY ...

BOOT: MICHAEL.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
      It was OK. Jason is one of those still there because of looks more than voice...IMO.
      I don't get the appeal--looks or voice. Who's your favorite? Mine are the 2 Davids.

BTW, total shocker on tonight's elimination. I didn't see that coming at all.
      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

My fave is still David Cook. And, you're right...I didn't see that elimination coming at all. Wow.

Comment

I was surprised as well at who got booted. As far as Jason Castro's performance, it was a'right but couldn't touch Bruddah Iz's.

Comment

I think we're a bit prejudiced when it comes to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"! That said, our prejudice has been earned. Iz's version is just so beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
              I was surprised as well at who got booted. As far as Jason Castro's performance, it was a'right but couldn't touch Bruddah Iz's.

"tip toe through the tulips...." sounded more like tiny tim than bruddah iz.
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Personally for me I do not comment about American Idol online but with the recent performance by Jason Castro I must.

Of course, there have been other great performances that I enjoyed and will always do but being a great fan of Bruddah IZ like most of us who listens to his music I was totally in awe (shock). I had the meanest chicken skin in the longest time and almost into tears.

Many say that Jason was good but not as good as the man himself and I agree. And what really amazes me is that IZ's music is now world known. Hey if Simon didn't know who IZ was then he knows now and that goes for the millions of A.I. veiwers worldwide. So there you go, another chapter to the great Israel Kamakawiwo'ole legacy. I just wished he did the R. Kelly's song "I believe I can fly" before he left as he had planned to do but I guess he is now living it because he still is flying.

Aloha,
                Rus

PS. of course a good thing for Mountain Apple, Marlene and Wehi.
                What Name?
                Drink On Me!

Comment

Originally posted by BruddahRus View Post
                  Personally for me I do not comment about American Idol online but with the recent performance by Jason Castro I must.

Of course, there have been other great performances that I enjoyed and will always do but being a great fan of Bruddah IZ like most of us who listens to his music I was totally in awe (shock). I had the meanest chicken skin in the longest time and almost into tears.

Many say that Jason was good but not as good as the man himself and I agree. And what really amazes me is that IZ's music is now world known. Hey if Simon didn't know who IZ was then he knows now and that goes for the millions of A.I. veiwers worldwide. So there you go, another chapter to the great Israel Kamakawiwo'ole legacy. I just wished he did the R. Kelly's song "I believe I can fly" before he left as he had planned to do but I guess he is now living it because he still is flying.

Aloha,
                  Rus

PS. of course a good thing for Mountain Apple, Marlene and Wehi.
                  I loved your comments, Bruddah Rus.

Two nights ago I checked Itunes and there were, I think, 4 songs by Bruddah Iz that were selling well. Today, Somewhere Over the Rainbow (IZ's version, not Castro's) is still selling extremely well on Itunes. I love the exposure Iz got through this TV show. And, like you say, this is good for his family and record label. I wonder if his wife saw the show and what she thought of it.

Castro's version was very nice, and it was almost like he was paying homage to Bruddah Iz by playing the ukulele instead of his guitar like he normally does. Hearing that song again, sung in Iz's version, gave me chicken skin, too. Iz's song is almost sacred to me in how pure and sublime it is. So, so beautiful.

----------------

About David Cook - has anyone noticed how warn out and wasted he looks? I didn't think his Innocent song was that bad; although, for the first time, it was not better than the original version. I hope he can pull it together and bring back the excitement to his performances. He is simply amazing. I still cannot get over the perfection of his performance of Billie Jean with that orchestra and everything. And the arrangement he gave to Little Sparrow was brilliant and shows his immense talent--not to mention his spot-on vocals.

About Michael Johns - Why couldn't it have been Syesha instead? Why?? I'm going to miss the visuals, if you know what I mean...

About David Archuleta - could he have been any cuter sitting at that big, black piano and singing that sweet song? I hope he sings something more energetic next week, a song that he can insert the runs and stuff to and move around a bit more because that's where he really shines--remember his performance of Shop Around? Also, at the end of his performance of Angels, it was really cute how he put his hand over his heart. This kid really makes an emotional connection to his songs and gives it his all. He is so earnest and sweet; the real deal. I hope he goes far in the competition and beyond American Idol. I like the idea of my teenage daughter wanting to see a nice kid like him in concert and buying his CDs.

* I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                  - Anna Quindlen

Comment

AI is over for meeee, I cannot go on. *sobs big fan girl tears over Michael Johns*

Okay, maybe not, but I was sad! The man's voice (and face) is sooo gorgeous. *swoons*

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                    About Michael Johns - Why couldn't it have been Syesha instead? Why?? I'm going to miss the visuals, if you know what I mean...
                    I think you and I have a mindlink somehow. I agree with most to all of what you say about AI. It's like I don't have to post. I kept saying, "Oooooh oooh Syesha is gonna go!" pftth.

Just last night I was telling da kane that what is so great about David A. is that it gives the teen audience someone "nice" to adore. It's needed.

While I appreciated Jason singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" it's so difficult for me to not compare it to IZ. Kind of like how the judges are always so down on the kids if they sing "Mariah" or "Whitney" and how it's hard to redo a song somebody already blew outa the water. I feel the same about IZ.

On a side note, I wish people would not say yooou-koo-lay-lee. Pet peeve.
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                      I don't get the appeal--looks or voice. Who's your favorite? Mine are the 2 Davids.

BTW, total shocker on tonight's elimination. I didn't see that coming at all.
                      David Cook should win,but like Daughtry, he doesn't need to,to get a record deal.
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                        I think you and I have a mindlink somehow. I agree with most to all of what you say about AI. It's like I don't have to post. I kept saying, "Oooooh oooh Syesha is gonna go!" pftth.
                        I'm happy to see Syesha still in. She's got a great voice and great look. Only thing she needs is a better choice of songs and a hair-do. Plus she brings ethnic balance to the show, which would otherwise be all-white.

I think Michael Johns will do well in a rock band in his future solo career.

Ramiel Malubay should join the Jabbawockeez (America's Best Dance Crew winners) as a lead singer to this amazing dance group and do a national tour.

As for Jason Castro's performance of Over the Rainbow, it was a wonderful to tribute to Braddah Iz, but the performance in and of itself was, how can I say? "Mickey Mouse Club" like. Just being honest.

I really thought he was the one to get the boot this past week. His green eyed looks are probably the only thing keeping in. Still, I admire his musicianship, and he too will do well in a solo career. But certainly not AI winning material.

Obviously (and contrary to personal opinion), David Archutta's got this one in the bag, with David Cook being runner-up. That's my prediction. David Cook rocks. I hope he wins, but I doubt he can topple Archuletta in popularity.

Based purely vocal ability, I say Carly Smithson is the most mature and professional sounding of the group. As you may know, she did have a record contract previously, which fell apart for various marketing reasons.

That "No Air" performance by Jordin Sparks with Chris Brown on elimination night was fantastic and very moving. Emotional and genuine connection on stage between the two of them. Nice song.
                        Last edited by Pomai; April 12, 2008, 10:45 AM. Reason: Jabbawockeez ultimate dance performance link
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Every week I expect Kristy Lee Cook to go. Pretty girl...nice voice...too vanilla for my taste! Much like Jordan Sparks last season! Loved Jordan's duet with Chris Brown tho'.

Interesting web site...
                          Last edited by tutusue; April 12, 2008, 10:08 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                            AI is over for meeee, I cannot go on. *sobs big fan girl tears over Michael Johns*

Okay, maybe not, but I was sad! The man's voice (and face) is sooo gorgeous. *swoons*

This is for you. It's all wrong, but it's all right. *major swoon*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnI5La-ZqPE

- Anna Quindlen

Comment

Dreads' version of 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' was awesome, and its great to see Iz (and potentially other Hawaiian artists) reach to listeners on the mainland due to this show (as someone said in a previous post). The only thing that irked me (and it always does) was his pronunciation of 'ukulele.'

Comment

I'm rooting for Dave Cook this year, he's hands down the best contestant and the only one I'd actually want to buy music from.

Although, in rooting for him I actually want him to be in the final two then lose. The AI contract restrictions for the winner would only hold back anyone with real talent and marketability. All the previous winners (save for Kelly Clarkson) have tanked!
                                Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

Working...
                                X