10,000 B.c.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10,000 B.c.

10,000 BC is a 2008 American prehistoric film directed by Roland Emmerich and starring Camilla Belle and Steven Strait.
    The film is slated for a March 7, 2008 release, which is presented as 03.07.08 AD in promotional material.

Plot
    As a member of a primitive tribe during the dawn of man, 21-year-old mammoth hunter D'Leh (Steven Strait) travels through unknown lands on a quest to rescue his people from extinction. D'Leh, leading an army, uncovers a lost civilization while in pursuit of a warlord who kidnapped his love, Evolet (Camilla Belle). D'Leh and his army encounter saber-toothed cats, mammoths and other prehistoric creatures in the journey to save his tribe.

Cast

* Steven Strait as D'Leh, a 21-year-old mammoth hunter.
    * Camilla Belle as Evolet, D'leh's love.
    * Cliff Curtis as Tic-Tic, a bearded mentor.
    * Omar Sharif as Old Baku (narrator)
    * Reece Ritchie as Moha

Production

Director Roland Emmerich and composer Harald Kloser originally penned a script for 10,000 BC. When the project received the greenlight from Columbia Pictures, screenwriter John Orloff began work on a new draft of the original script. Columbia Pictures, under Sony Pictures Entertainment, dropped the project due to a busy release calendar, and Warner Bros. picked up the project in Sony's vacancy. The script went through a second revision with Matthew Sand and a final revision with Robert Rodat.

Emmerich opened casting sessions in late October 2005. In February 2006, Camilla Belle and Steven Strait were announced to star in the film, with Strait as the mammoth hunter and Belle as his love. Emmerich felt that casting well known actors would distract from the realistic feel of the prehistoric setting. "If like, Jake Gyllenhaal turned up in a movie like this, everybody would be, 'What's that?'", he explained. Unknown casting also helped keep the film's budget down.

Production began in spring 2006 in South Africa and Namibia. Location filming also took place in southern New Zealand and Thailand. Before shooting began, the production had spent eighteen months on research and development for the computer generated imagery. Two companies recreated prehistoric animals. To cut time (it was taking sixteen hours to render a single frame) 50% of the CGI models' fur was removed, as "it turned out half the fur looked the same" to the director.

Release

Originally slated for July 27, 2007, the release date for 10,000 BC was pushed back to December 14, 2007. The film's release was postponed a second time to March 7, 2008.
    Link to Movie trailer...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFHFVWsawbM

I'm looking forward to this one!
    Last edited by Menehune Man; January 16, 2008, 12:40 PM. Reason: Movie trailer not TV commercial
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: 10,000 Bc

Yes, I've seen the previews for this in cinemas. It looks good to me! I will definitely check it out in March.
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Re: 10,000 Bc

I'll practically watch any movie produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, so I'm going to this one for sure. However, I think Hollywood is running out of epics to transform into film.

Comment

Re: 10,000 B.c.

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
        ... 50% of the CGI models' fur was removed, as "it turned out half the fur looked the same" to the director.
        I wonder if Racquel Welch is going to make a cameo with half her fur, too...

The graphic is a memory aid for you younger ones who may not already have this seared into your cerebral cortex:
        Attached Files
        Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
        Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
        We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
        Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post

The graphic is a memory aid for you younger ones who may not already have this seared into your cerebral cortex:
          Yeah. She's been "seared" into mine from a very young age. HaHa!

Comment

Confirmed the heterosexuality of a generation.
            Attached Files
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I've heard some reviews that aren't flattering, though I enjoyed it very much!

It's a love story that guys'll like. Cool story, scenes, effects, friendships, ladies, etc...
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's a link to a photo of Steven Strait and Camilla Belle.
                http://images.salon.com/ent/movies/r...0_bc/story.jpg

Wow! She may not be Rachel Welch but she does it for me. HaHa!
                Last edited by Menehune Man; March 20, 2008, 03:33 PM. Reason: Add of course

Comment

Apparently caught this last week

Don't wanna hate but this movie should have been called 10,000 Inconsistencies

Yes even my roomate asked if Raquel was going to make a cameo like Charlton Heston did in Planet of The Apes but apparently this movie and the udda one is slightly different titlewise

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060782/

and I even checked on IMDB's website page for 10,000 B.C. was in any way shape or form of 1 Million B.C.

Results = Not Affiliated w. the 1 Million B.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                    Don't wanna hate but this movie should have been called 10,000 Inconsistencies
                    It was never billed as a documentary, just fiction fantasy.

(fiction)
                    # noun: a literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact
                    # noun: a deliberately false or improbable account

Comment

I was kinda hoping it would be a retelling of the Epic of Gilgamesh, or at least Ahura Mazda.
                      Burl Burlingame
                      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                        It was never billed as a documentary, just fiction fantasy.

Wasn't expecting documentary and from the array of way waaay better flicks (Independance Day,The Day After Tommorrow,The Patriot) Roland Emmerich has brought us 10,000 B.C. ranks waaaaay waaaay below the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                          Or Barbara Bach from Caveman.

Or Daryl Hannah from Clan of the Cave Bear.

Or all three, cozying up in a cave.

I gotta stop posting my fantasies online.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Saw this movie this morning at Ward Theater. As an action adventure story it is all right even through the movie has some plot holes to it.

I am sort of wondering if the head bad guys came from Atlantis? There was a map of something in the movie for a very short time.
                            Last edited by helen; March 22, 2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X