Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Legislature

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    your posting says the security officers would be effective in the year 2020? How could that possibly help matters now? please tell me it was a typo
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I copied and pasted.

Das wat it says.

Too funny...not my typo.

Mahalo,

Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

1. Dead - no bill can be safely called "dead" until the session ends. While the crime bill itself is technically dead, the contents of that bill can sometimes be moved to another bill still making it through the process.

2. Defective Dates - If you go through many bills you will notice effective dates are like for 2025, 2050, 2190 or some other number way off in the future. This is done intentionally during the process to further comment on the legislation as it makes its way through committee. Once the committee decides they like the bill, they may put in the true effective date, usually July 1, 2008, January 1, 2009 or somewhere closer. In many cases this does not happen until conference committee.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel, thanks for the explanation. I have to say I was kind of shocked seeing that date - kind of made the bill seem pointless. I'm glad to know the date would be changed.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

So much I need to learn.

Mahalo,

Lynn

Comment

One after another we went up in support of SB 2141. Many submitted written testimonies. Then a LT of HPD came forward to testify against SB 2141.

We listened as Rep. Karl Rhoads asked him questions.

Shaking our heads in disbelief of his arrogance and stupid answers.

The man had no shame.

What a disgrace to HPD.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Governor Linda Lingle signed:
              ACT 034 (08)
              SB2141 HD1
              Signed: April 24, 2008
              RELATING TO PUBLIC HOUSING.
              Includes sidewalks and other common areas of public housing projects as areas in which the consumption of alcohol is prohibited by law.

To watch this from the beginning...WOW!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Took dis in da Gov's Office on the 5th floor at State Capitol! Big Desk. Bumbucha Seal.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

Working...
                X