It's Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Done!

Not sure where to put this, and I am NOT plugging another site, but this is the FIRST paid gig I have done.

All the photos are done by yours truly, the site, by a buddy up on 10th. Kinda neat to see my work on a site, lol!

The site is a basic, no frills kinda thing, but it does the job...

all the images change as the links are clicked, so there are quite a few, not sure if I have even seen them all. They had to be resized to accommodate the site, but overall, I AM HAPPY!

Feel free to check it out:

http://www.annabannanashonolulu.com/
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Re: It's Done!

I went through and the pictures are really good! I like the angles and perspective of the shots. Very nice job!

Comment

I agree. As we've seen in the photo-sharing thread, Tattrat has a wonderful eye for angles and colors and lighting and composition. Well done!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

many mahalos to you both!
        flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

nice congrats!
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Very nice! Not only are the photos good, but it sets the tone - really makes the site work. Really does the job of making someone want to go there.

Comment

Hey TattRat, you're good, man! Great stuff!
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Thanks again all for the kind words!
                flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

I just realized they purposely spell "Bannana" with two Ns (to match "Anna") vs. the fruit which is "Banana".

The page width (1000 pixels+) might be an issue with folks who have smaller/low resolution monitors, as they'll have to scroll horizontally to see what's on the right.

Your photography is awesome, and that D50 has already paid for itself! I especially like the macro shots of the mixing board and cables coming out the back. Also, the longer exposure shots of folks in the bar are nice. It really brings the visitor into Anna Bannana's via their website. I like how your photos were used more as a graphical element than the actual focus of the page. Very professional and artistically tasteful.

This is inspiring me to update The Shack Hawaii Kai website, which I've done entirely (photography and built and maintains the site). Perhaps I'll add a couple FLASH elements in the template and a subscriber newsletter feature. Brendan's looking into an additional location in Waikiki, so when/if that happens I'll go forth.

Gosh, I haven't been to Anna's in YEARS. The site is very encouraging to pay another visit! Looks like some good live music goin' on over there.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Great photos, Tatt. Wow!

Just prior to my move to Hawaii in 1978, I was on location in California and one of the crew guys, when I told him I was moving to Hawaii, said, without hesitation..."Please send me a t-shirt from Anna Bannana's." I've never forgotten that. It's been 30 years!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Great photos, Tatt. Wow!

Just prior to my move to Hawaii in 1978, I was on location in California and one of the crew guys, when I told him I was moving to Hawaii, said, without hesitation..."Please send me a t-shirt from Anna Bannana's." I've never forgotten that. It's been 30 years!
                      So after 30 years of "remembering" that, are you FINALLY going to send him that T-shirt? lol! Or did you already send it to him?
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        So after 30 years of "remembering" that, are you FINALLY going to send him that T-shirt? lol! Or did you already send it to him?
                        After 30 years I, for the life of me, can't remember if I sent it or not! If I did, it would've been shortly after my move.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          After 30 years I, for the life of me, can't remember if I sent it or not! If I did, it would've been shortly after my move.
                          Well maybe it's high time to send him another, you know...just in case.

I love that shot of the Billiard Balls all racked up. Man the composition and lighting makes that one heck of a great shot.

From someone who has a critical eye for technically perfect photography, I find your photographic attitude very impressive. Two thumbs up!!
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Thanks all, once again!

Tutu, lemme know if you need a shirt, I am getting a bunch of the as freebies
                            flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

Great job on the website! I was wondering when the open mics were there. I'll let you guys know when I'm playing there when I finally get a great song copyrighted and ready to perform.

Comment

Working...
                              X