Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now you come in single slices....mmmm

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
    Ack! My mom emailed me back and said, no mo! She said she checked the Pearl City DonQ and Longs and the Waikele KMart, none at all three. She said the clerk at DonQ said the item is seasonal.
    "Seasonal"? What?

Is there a right time to prepare and eat Spam? I mean it's not like it's a friggin' turkey or holiday ham.

Sheesh!
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

In the meantime, if they ever came out with da 'super spam log' I get cutter fo that! Muuuaaahhh!

Don't know of Hormel wants to ship them in logs like those other ham patties you find in the refrigerated section of your local supermarket.

Then again, they're not really good substitution for Spam, especially for musubi.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        "Seasonal"? What? Is there a right time to prepare and eat Spam? I mean it's not like it's a friggin' turkey or holiday ham.
        Indeed! I was just about to ask if anyone had seen these locally. I checked several supermarkets to no avail. They all did carry packaged, unrefrigerated tuna and fish products, which similarly caused me pause, but no... no Spam Singles. The longer I look, the more I want to try one!

Comment

Paradise Restaurant supply here in Hilo has them
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I HAVE to find the Spam singles!!! My son and I have a collection of Spam cans. Was going to post a picture, but my camera batter is dead People come over and are amazed at how many varieties of Spam there really are.

Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll hit the mainland before the islands.
            NO RAIN NO RAINBOWS

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              Indeed! I was just about to ask if anyone had seen these locally. I checked several supermarkets to no avail. They all did carry packaged, unrefrigerated tuna and fish products, which similarly caused me pause, but no... no Spam Singles. The longer I look, the more I want to try one!
              The Spam slicer or the singles?

Honestly, I don't know what's the fascination with Spam Singles that y'all giddy.

BTW, I want to know if anyone ever saw of a fancy egg mold in the shape of a Spam. Hey, if y'all are lazy to slice a Spam single, I'm lazy trying to fry egg and fold it to fit nicely between the musubi rice and Spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                The Spam slicer or the singles?

Honestly, I don't know what's the fascination with Spam Singles that y'all giddy.

BTW, I want to know if anyone ever saw of a fancy egg mold in the shape of a Spam. Hey, if y'all are lazy to slice a Spam single, I'm lazy trying to fry egg and fold it to fit nicely between the musubi rice and Spam.
                Cout off both ends of the Spam can, and put it in the frying pan. Break the egg ito the form, and it will be the perfect shape.

Fo egg mcmuffins, use a tuna can, which is the same size as an english muffin.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nkth View Post
                  Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll hit the mainland before the islands.
                  Oh, they already did. We got a couple of them here in Seattle last fall.

Comment

spam and cabbage. spam, onions and tomato sauce. mom used to make those things for dinner when she was in a hurry. liked it as a kid, but can't eat it as an adult. and, no portuguese sausage! what a bummer!!!
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Ack! My mom emailed me back and said, no mo! She said she checked the Pearl City DonQ and Longs and the Waikele KMart, none at all three. She said the clerk at DonQ said the item is seasonal. I emailed her back, just keep checking.

In the meantime, if they ever came out with da 'super spam log' I get cutter fo that! Muuuaaahhh!

I bought a bunch of 'em from Longs in Pearlridge. I've also bought them from Daiei in Pearl City (are they still there?)....But Longs had them on my last trip in November...
                      So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Re: Spam in single slices....mmmm

The Spam Store has it for $8.00 - order online.
                        So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Oh, they already did. We got a couple of them here in Seattle last fall.
                          Last fall? Wow, I FINALLY found them in California at Ralphs. Only the Lite, though, but it's a nice addition to our collection. Definitely need to check the shelf life if we ever decide to open it. Could be eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!
                          NO RAIN NO RAINBOWS

Comment

Lucky you live Hawaii, where you can get a single slice already fried at a hole-in-the-wall box lunch spot.
                            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                              Lucky you live Hawaii, where you can get a single slice already fried at a hole-in-the-wall box lunch spot.
                              For half the price of an entire can on sale at Longs.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                                For half the price of an entire can on sale at Longs.
                                it's the price of convenience. I'll pay if it means not washing a frying pan, cutting board, and knife.
                                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X