Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LCD TV Question

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Does he have Component Video? You'll need to get the cable with three video plugs on both ends, and connect audio RCA cable. Normally supplied with the player (along with AV RCA cable).
    Unfortunately I don't think his DVD player supported Component video
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Okay Aaron if his DVD player didn't have a HDMI slot then how "could've" you gone HDMI? Gotcha!
      Well I could've swapped DVD players with him . I have a Phillips DVD player with a HDMI slot . But luckily I didn't go that route. Especially since his kids has ravaged his DVD player. So its missing parts.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
        Well I could've swapped DVD players with him . I have a Phillips DVD player with a HDMI slot . But luckily I didn't go that route. Especially since his kids has ravaged his DVD player. So its missing parts.
        For a time my youngest son Jesse would "play" with the DVD player in our home. So it took him growing up a bit before I bought my first large LCD TV and the better DVD players.

Dora the Explorer taught my kid how to throw a baseball back to her. Yeah my 53-inch rear projection TV with the plastic front screen took a major beating from my kid. No way was I gonna buy an LCD or worse yet a Plasma until he outgrew that concept of interactive Dora TV.

If you're gonna go HDMI make sure the DVD player can play at the TV set's native resolution for maximum HD.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          Dora the Explorer taught my kid how to throw a baseball back to her. Yeah my 53-inch rear projection TV with the plastic front screen took a major beating from my kid. No way was I gonna buy an LCD or worse yet a Plasma until he outgrew that concept of interactive Dora TV.
          You couldn't get a Nerf ball for your kids to throw at your TV?
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I'm surprised Craig didn't construct a Lexan™-shielded entertainment center around the electronics.
            I know they used to sell sheets of the stuff at Home Depot. Just add some 3M clear protective film and your stuff is about as kid proof as it gets.
            "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Oh yeah blame daddy! Well just for the record, Grandpa gave grandson a skinball because he wanted him to be a baseball player. BTW Grandpa never told daddy that grandson was getting a skinball.

And for the record again we don't sell LEXAN, we sell Plexi-Glass.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X