Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Super Bowl XLII: Patriots v. Giants

Coupla things

1) it was an outstanding superbowl. From a pure football standpoint it was historic.

2) Brady's mojo wasn't stolen by anyone other then the Giant's Defensive Coordinator.

The Pats played a great game, the Giants played a better one. Period. That's the beauty of football. Oh, and it was never the Pats trying to trademark 19-0. That was the press. No one on the team did any trash-talking all season long - they took it one game at a time. For that matter the Giants didn't indulge either. Both teams were very respectful of each other up to, during and after the game. IMO it was a very clean game & I loved it for that in spite of the outcome.
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
    Socrates.

Comment

Re: Super Bowl XLII: Patriots vs. Giants

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
      oh, you're cruel! ha!
      Any other days, but at that time, I was horny.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Re: Super Bowl XLII: Patriots vs. Giants

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Any other days, but at that time, I was horny.
        ha! ha! i'm sure it's on youtube somewhere; will do a search later; saw a very short clip of her singing on some show tonight and she looked hot!
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Speaking of singing, Tom Petty's appearance on the Super Bowl half time show has spiked sales of his records.

On the iTunes Top 100 Hits of the Week

Free Fallin @ #30
          I Won't Back Down @ #53
          American Girl @ #70
          Runnin' Down a Dream @ #93

Over at Amazon.com on their most popular MP3s chart:

Free Fallin @ #14
          I Won't Back Down @ #30
          Runnin' Down a Dream @ #33
          American Girl @ #56

The SuperBowl drew 97.5 million viewers into the Fox Network broadcast.

A record 97.5 million Americans tuned in to Sunday's upset victory by the New York Giants over the New England Patriots, marking the biggest TV audience in Super Bowl history and the second most-watched U.S. telecast ever.

The number of viewers watching the National Football League championship game was surpassed only by the 106 million who saw the series finale of "M*A*S*H" in February 1983, according to data issued on Monday by Nielsen Media Research.
          Fox Network took in $250 million in revenue for the SuperBowl broadcast.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

And this is why a guy like Tom Petty, who admits he has no interest in football, will perform a show like this. It's easily the largest audience he's ever had. When he took the stage, my dad said, "Who the heck is this guy?"

It surprises me some that "American Girl" is last in sales among the four songs. It's one of his best! And it's definitely better than the other three songs in this list.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yeah, but what's it got to do with football? All the other songs are more relevant to the viewers... Patriots free fallin', Giants runnin' down a dream and they won't back down!
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Yeah it's amazing that there are so many who just "Discovered" Tom Petty. Seems them old rockers are gaining wider popularity. Heck even my 21-year old boy loves Eric Clapton.

Rock on man!! Long live rock n' roll.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

not to diss him but when i first heard some announcer mentioning tom petty as the half time show performer, i thought, "tom petty?" why him? in theory anyway, the biggest game of the season and they have tom petty? oh well; to each his own.

one final random thought: i'm so thankful that the giants' win was clearly not dependent on some controversial call by a ref. the giants clearly outplayed the pats.
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

not to diss him but when i first heard some announcer mentioning tom petty as the half time show performer, i thought, "tom petty?" why him? in theory anyway, the biggest game of the season and they have tom petty? oh well; to each his own.

one final random thought: i'm so thankful that the giants' win was not dependent on some controversial call by a ref. the giants just outplayed the pats.

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post

one final random thought: i'm so thankful that the giants' win was not dependent on some controversial call by a ref. the giants just outplayed the pats.
                      Why Tom Petty? That's just as bad as when my kid asked me, "Who is Jerry Garcia?"

Anything's gotta be better than last year's fiasco
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        Why Tom Petty? That's just as bad as when my kid asked me, "Who is Jerry Garcia?"

Anything's gotta be better than last year's fiasco
                        well, i know who tom petty is and his accomplishments but i was saying that he doesn't excite me as a performer; just my subjective opinion of his music.

as far as janet jackson goes, yeah, that was a low point and what a lame excuse! a wardrobe malfunction? that's as believable as dog's son saying that he spilt orange juice on his jeans and so was changing in his back seat!

Comment

Working...
                        X