Nordstrom in Honolulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nordstrom in Honolulu

I totally agree with you on that point - it will be at least a couple of weeks before I visit the store. Can't stand all the opening hoopla and all the crowds!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I confess that I "took a stroll" through Nordstrom yesterday. Only because I was in the area - I had a dental appointment in the nearby Ala Moana Building. I shopped in their South Coast Plaza (Santa Ana, CA) store three decades ago and even once had their store credit card.

But, shoes aren't my thing and they've got a lot of store space devoted to that! At this point, Macy and Sears take care of my basic shopping, as do Costco and Sam's Club. There's also Nordstrom's Rack in Ward Center.

Comment

I stopped by yesterday on my way home and spent somewhere between 30 to 45 minutes just looking around and also finding a place to buy dinner. There was a line to get in to the cafe on the first floor. And the two E Bars was just offering coffee and smoothies.

What had impressed me was the complex itself, I exited Nordstrom on the 3rd floor and started to look around at the other shops there. Had a couple of stores yet to open and there were others that were open.

As I continued to walk in the ocean direction, looking at the new shops, the next thing I know I am at the main shopping center complex.

Comment

Will the Nordstrom Rack continue now that the regular store is open?

Comment

The Rack is for discontinued items, so I would be surprised if it didn't have even better stock now. I mean, its source will be right down the street, right?
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

maybe now it will become a REAL Nordstrom Rack instead of just a discount store with most of the items being sold having never seen the inside of a store!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Drove down again on Kapiolani and noticed the "trellases" (sp?) going up the building. There are already vines wrapping around, plus the flowers at the base and the foliage on the outer sidewalk side running along the street makes me think it's going to look much nicer as the trees grow.

the only odd thing I found, on the Kona side, in the above mentioned restaurant at the Kona/K'moku entrance, you will see an outdoor seating area running along Kona street. *cough cough gag choke* on the car and bus fumes in that subterranean seating area. I can't imagine how somebody would find an ambience in that area. They even have umbrellas above the tables and there is no sun just the whirr of cars driving down kona in choke backedup traffic.

would have been nicer on the K'moku side IMO.
                Also surprised they didn't think of rooftop lunch/dinner.
                n'importe

Comment

Working...
                X