Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now that you've moved to Hawaii....

Originally posted by kool_kat View Post
    My biggest concern is getting out there all by myself & being lonely. I'm not a clubber, so that would not be an option for meeting people. I would do better at church type activities. I'm not a real outdoorsy type person, but would like to become one. I have never surfed, but wouldn't mind learning.
    You will not be alone.
    http://www.hawaiijaycees.org/

If you want to get involved, help the community, meet people, and learn something. This is for you.

If you are looking for specific chapters, let me know.

Comment

Hello kool_cat

Its a small world, because I just came back from a trip to knoxville, TN. I visited the UT for business purposes, but Knoxville is a beautiful city.

Comment

It will be 23 years since we moved here. We had no jobs, one friend and lots of hope. We secured an apt. through said friend who co-signed the lease with us the only way we were going to get a place. He was an attorney that knew the guy renting the apartment from previous foreclosure work. It was a "one bedroom" which meant it had ONE ROOM with a sliding door dividing the place the bed was. It was small in the Village Maluhia on Pensacola. Our lanai was the size of a postage stamp and overlooked this Korean lady who cut cabbage daily in the next parking lot over. Living over the parking lot was noisy and dreary.

We got jobs eventually (after 6 months of vacationing and enjoying the beach and stuff) however we'd saved enough money to live for a year prior to moving. Our employment was at a coffee company on Queen St. for a year. That is because the owner was a martian who would hire people and then fire them a year later so not to have to give raises. We actually found a memo from him to his HR monster outlining our eventual firing in detail. When the time came I just quit the day before I knew of the event and my husband quit sooner. He was in delivery and I served coffee, muffins, bagels, a barista as we know now it and handled mail order and tours as lots of visitors would come and see the roasting facility and buy coffee to send home.

Anyway that's the first chapter.....The great thing about working at that place was we still have friends from those early days. Funny, we used to have reunion parties of everyone who was fired every year!

Like I said, that's the first chapter! A hui hou!

Comment

Working...
        X