Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is/are your most pressing problem(s) right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is/are your most pressing problem(s) right now?

1. Classic truck is rusting
    2. Money (I'm comfortable for now, but I'd like to build a stronger portfolio)
    3. Can't find enough employees
    4. Need to square things away for a special event I'm hosting (work-related)
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: What is/are your most pressing problem(s) right now?

Prior to yesterday I would've listed the management problem at my condo building as beyond pressing. It's downright dangerous at this point.

That changed yesterday morning when my best friend's daughter lost her mother to cancer. Everything else pales in comparison right now. Being mortal sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Prior to yesterday I would've listed the management problem at my condo building as beyond pressing. It's downright dangerous at this point.

That changed yesterday morning when my best friend's daughter lost her mother to cancer. Everything else pales in comparison right now. Being mortal sucks.
      I'm sorry about this part, tutu. Prayers with your friend's daughter and her family.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Mortality sure does add perspective, Sue. Hugs to you and her family.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

One of my former co-workers accused me of calling him a terrorist and I had to fill out an incident report at work. I'm still wondering how the heck he came up with that one, so is my boss and my bosses boss and my bosses bosses boss (Damn we got too many layers of management here at Home Depot...oh wait a minute I'm just the part time peon no wonder that totem pole seems so heavy
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

1. baby is due in 10 weeks. ahh! well, i guess this isn't much of a problem, more like an ahhhh!
            2. we need a new vehicle (both of our vehicles are almost 15 years old. Mine's going strong - knock on wood - but his is on its way to dying).
            3. we still need a first name for our baby (middle name is Thomas).

Comment

I wouldn't say it is a "problem" for me. Just a very sad thing.
              One of my very bestest old-time friends was just admitted to a hospice in NY. His wife and he have been, for many years, two of the truest friends a person could ever hope to have. Both are so dear to me. This is so heartbreaking.
              He was hale and hearty in November, diagnosed with a terminal illness in December. Inoperable, chemo failed, and there is no hope.
              Just so very very sad.

Comment

{{{{{HUGS to WORN}}}}}
                I know exactly what you're going thru. While not a "problem", it is a tragedy.

Comment

trying to get settled in back on the Conus has been quite a challenge, I am NOT liking it.

New job though is GREAT!
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    One of my former co-workers accused me of calling him a terrorist and I had to fill out an incident report at work. I'm still wondering how the heck he came up with that one, so is my boss and my bosses boss and my bosses bosses boss (Damn we got too many layers of management here at Home Depot...oh wait a minute I'm just the part time peon no wonder that totem pole seems so heavy

his last name didn't happen to be BIN LADEN?! wouldn't you know it, he's working at HD and craig found him. lol.

the most pressing problem right now for us is that "mom" is end-stage alzheimer's. has been on hospice for some time now because she has adult failure to thrive. she eats and eats, but doesn't gain any weight. she will probably come off hospice in april. that program is supposed to be short term. so anyway the problem is, we hired a caregiver. she's really good with mom. she dropped a bomb shell: "i'm going to the p.i. for 4 months." had we known that, we wouldn't have hired her. so we got someone else, a guy. he goes to drill every first weekend of the month. so we will be trying out another guy tomorrow. he just lost his mom. might be too hard for him. also, he's 6'5'' and barely makes it into the bathroom. mom needs assistance. got some leads from catholic charities. they don't seem to be panning out. anybody here want to work friday, saturday and sunday from 1230pm -730pm. rates are negotiable. no rest for the weary. being a caregiver is very, very stressful!
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                      trying to get settled in back on the Conus has been quite a challenge, I am NOT liking it.

New job though is GREAT!
                      Huh? You're no longer the neighbor I never met irl??? Details!

Comment

Well, AF was expectantly called back to her home office at the Pentagon...long story.

I WILL BE BACK! I MISS HAWAII SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Awwwwww, Tatt...bummer!

Comment

1. Extended family on East Coast missing us and Granny--we moved here, Granny died of cancer (little son has one grandparent left, she won't leave SC.)
                            2. Us missing Granny(s) and extended family...can't get them to move yet (maybe after we get them out to visit!)
                            3. Needing to sell house in SC and cannot take a loss, so paying rent here and a mortgage there.

Biggest good thing: Our family is finally together every day, after several years of living a state apart (us in SC, dad working in NC)
                            Lots of hugs and prayers for you all--death and illness are so hard.

Comment

I have a son and a daughter and live in a 2 bedroom apartment. I need to buy a 3 bedroom(at least) house. Until what age do you think brother and sister could share a room, if ever?
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                              X