Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from SF Bay Area!

Howzit!

Pzarquon is an old friend of mine and he pointed me to this lovely little place when I emailed him and asked him what da "real scoop" was on the general feeling about today's primaries. California's primaries are over but we are looking ardently at the rest of the states who still have primaries!!

Been 10 years since I lived in the islands. Just had plate lunch at L&L this weekend (here, but; not in Hawaii). Chicken katsu plate. Mmmmm!

/wave!!!

Re: Aloha from SF Bay Area!

Hey, I know you! Welcome! If you stick around, I think you'll see other names from those ancient geek days. As for Hawaii and the primaries, lots of talk about the presidential race:
    See you around the 'Threads!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Teni View Post
        Howzit!

Pzarquon is an old friend of mine and he pointed me to this lovely little place when I emailed him and asked him what da "real scoop" was on the general feeling about today's primaries. California's primaries are over but we are looking ardently at the rest of the states who still have primaries!!

Been 10 years since I lived in the islands. Just had plate lunch at L&L this weekend (here, but; not in Hawaii). Chicken katsu plate. Mmmmm!

/wave!!!
        Hi.
        There's an L&L on Kearny St before Pine in San Francisco. Have you been to that one? It wasn't there when i lived there. A friend of mine here just did her 2nd trip to SF in less than a year, she says she always passes it but never goes in. She makes a beeline to House of Nanking further down Kearny or to North Beach for some Italian.
        n'importe

Comment

I used to live in the bay area. And go to L&L over in Union City, right by Kaiser. When my wife was in labor for 18hr, and afterwards, I had L&L like 6 meal straight. No joke, L&L was her request after she gave birth. Of course, I made the run.

Comment

There was one L&L (that moved locations a few years ago) that did away with the mini-plate, which was a bummer because unless I'm famished, their regular plate lunch is just too much food.

One thing though... their chicken katsu sauce is... wrong. It's almost like orange sauce for orange chicken. My favorite is the way Diner's used to do it... kind of a mix of Worcestershire, tonkatsu sauce, and ketchup. Das da bes' kine!

Comment

Aloha nui! E komo mai! I was wondering, do you know Naleilehua? She lives in Oakland and is one of my friends.
              'Alika

Comment

Aloha mai and welcome to HT! Glad to have you here. Now, I am getting hungry for L&L! Hope that you will enjoy your stay here and have a look around.
                Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                X