Tempur-Pedic Mattress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tempur-Pedic Mattress?

O... M... G... this is the best mattress ever. Swedish Memory Foam. Designed By NASA. (Why is NASA designing stuff for the Swedes?)

We originally bought a King-size Tempur-Pedic mattress and thought it couldn't get any better.

Until we sold it and moved to L.A. and went to buy a new one and found... the Tempur-Pedic Pillow Top Mattress. Sheer heaven. If you absolutely need to get things done early in the morning do not buy this mattress. It sucks you in and holds you down, making you forget about anything else besides staying in bed.

Since we bought it, we've also become thread-count whores. Why use anything less than 800 on such a fine mattress? That's like having burlap-upholstered seats in your Ferrari.

The only problem is finding fitted sheets deep enough to get around the mattress.

And I find that the lack of springs in the mattress is helpful in quieting "non-sleep activities", cynsaligia. Great to help out in stealth-mode hibbity-jibbity when you have guests in the room down the hall.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      maybe i don't "need" it to be bouncy.

"preference."

spoken like a true veteran of the mattress. Me I prefer a Tatame mat. I sleep better on concrete than on a contouring foam pad.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

A few years ago I housesat for someone who had a Tempurpedic bed and after 3 weeks of the best sleep I've ever had, I knew I would someday get one.

I got a Tempurpedic bed in July and LOVE it. The only drawback is that is mattress is hotter than a conventional mattress, so that took a week or two to get used to. Now I simply have fewer covers on the bed and it's fine.

It's not for everyone; I know a couple people who hated Tempurpedic because of the lack of bounce-back.

Comment

Damn. There's that heat issue again. I'm thinking that we will be sweltering come August and September.

Otherwise I'd be buying one tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
            The only problem is finding fitted sheets deep enough to get around the mattress.
            Check out Overstock.com. They get plenny.

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
            And I find that the lack of springs in the mattress is helpful in quieting "non-sleep activities", cynsaligia. Great to help out in stealth-mode hibbity-jibbity when you have guests in the room down the hall.
            :
            Aloha,
            Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
              Damn. There's that heat issue again. I'm thinking that we will be sweltering come August and September.

Otherwise I'd be buying one tomorrow.
              I have the 2" mattress topper on my bed in Makaha where I don't have a/c. The topper came with a zippered "case" that also acts as a mattress pad. I added another mattress pad on top of it. My fave sheets are jersey...think T-shirt material! I don't find heat to be an issue. YMMV...

Once I remodel I will buy a Tempurpedic mattress to go on a platform bed. Can't wait!

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions. I am truly torn.

Some of the reviews I've read mention a 90 day trial period. I see that it's offered on the Tempur-Pedic website for online purchases but I wonder if it's offered by local retailers.

That just might tip me into buying.

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions. I am truly torn.

Some of the reviews I've read mention a 90 day trial period. I see that it's offered on the Tempur-Pedic website for online purchases but I wonder if it's offered by local retailers.

That just might tip me into buying.
                  If you're allowed the 90 day trial, and if you can wait, maybe conduct your trial during July, August and September!

Comment

LOL---sure.
                    K-den...Here.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

If you sweat in your sleep then you'll hate that mattress. Me I need a fan blowing over me or else I burn up in bed. I got one of my older boys a Tempur-Pedic mattress and he loves it. I tried it and felt like I was in an Imu. My own body heat made sleeping in one very uncomfortable.

One night it was so hot that I crawled on top of the kid's Air Hockey game and slept like a baby. Man that was one comfortable surface to sleep on with jets of air shooting up from below.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Okay. It boils down (no pun intended) to the 90 day trial period availability.
                        It seems to be such a subjective thing so I imagine it will be with us too.

Comment

Okay. It boils down (no pun intended) to the 90 day trial period availability.
                          It seems to be such a subjective thing so I imagine it will be with us too.
                          Alright!! You won't regret it. Sleep well and have FuN! LoL

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I've got a newer generic 3" topper I bought off of eBay, and it's awesome. I have a back problem from a car accident, and it's no miracle mattress, but it does alleviate some of the pressure that regular spring mattresses put on your body.

My sister has a tempur-pedic matress, and that one's great too but the model that she has is kinda too soft for my liking.

As for buying from Overstock.com, I tried that and they don't ship the toppers or mattresses to the 808.
                            Local Kine True Pictures of Hawaii

Comment

I luurrrve my temper pedic mattress! My wife and I basically consider it the best $1800 we ever spent! I am prone to getting hot when I sleep and I don't notice it being worse than any other mattress in that regard. I also don't have AC. Give it a shot, I doubt if there are any heat issues that will be the deciding factor in whether you love it or not. It will probably come down to whether you like the feel of it and if it's too hot you can always use a fan or fewer blankets.
                              What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

we LOVE ours and after 2 years, I can say it was and continues to be one of our best purchases.
                                flickr

An email from God:
                                To: People of Earth
                                Date: 9/04/2007
                                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                                God

Comment

Working...
                                X