X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 2

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    My fondest wish is for one of these women to haul off and smack the bastard right in front of the cameras...I know it's just a dream, but it would be so satisifying to watch.
    Satisfying to us, not so in front of their children (or have words relayed to them through schools).
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      not so in front of their children (or have words relayed to them through schools).
      I don't know that I agree with this. You think it's somehow worse for kids to hear "your mom punched your dad" rather than "your dad does wh****"? At any rate, it is only a dream...

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
        I don't know that I agree with this. You think it's somehow worse for kids to hear "your mom punched your dad" rather than "your dad does wh****"? At any rate, it is only a dream...
        Actually, it's any incidents parents can do that could embarrass their children, especially in front of their friends (if said friends watch what is caught on camera, or overheard from their own gossipy parents).

Having said that though, I don't mind having ringside seat as they all go through their family crisis.

Yeah, I'm so niele.

Comment

I'm surprised Chelsie didn't become a nun after that whole debacle over her two-timing father and her other father, Hillary
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Obama is reeling from the pastors comments. Amazing how self destructive the left side of politics can be. You gotta know the pastor is cheering for Obama, and probably does not even realize how much he hurts the cause.

The racial commentary of reactionary blacks seems eerily similar to the rhetoric coming from some radicals in the Hawaiian cause. I'm not trying to start an argument so much as I would like to hear what others think of this.

Like I said before......Suicidal political tendencies dominate the left fringe of the political coin. Dems need to somehow temper certain parts of their membership if they ever hope to dominate the White House again.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

and you know in the end when one Democrat rises out of the ashes, the other will fully endorse the winner despite being methodically ripped apart by them. There's no unity until only one stands in the way of the political rival's party affiliation.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                and you know in the end when one Democrat rises out of the ashes, the other will fully endorse the winner despite being methodically ripped apart by them. There's no unity until only one stands in the way of the political rival's party affiliation.
                What about Romney and McCain? I thought they went at it intensely and there was that time when McCain wasn't on the ballot in West Virginia and told all his supporters to vote Huckabee to deny Romney the vote, Romney called it a dirty trick, and then Romney was all buddy buddy with McCain after the former suspended his campaign

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                  Obama is reeling from the pastors comments. Amazing how self destructive the left side of politics can be. You gotta know the pastor is cheering for Obama, and probably does not even realize how much he hurts the cause.
                  I agree. I saw the videos on multiple news outlets yesterday morning.

But we also have some controversial statements uttered by John McCain's spiritual allies.

So at this point, would the only still-in-the-game candidate that doesn't have a controversial spiritual influence be Clinton?

Comment

I was in NO in May, right before Katrina in Sept. Filthin, Flarin, Filthilthin, Dirty, Smelly, Slimy, Vomit, Grody-to-the-Max.

But fun as hell, really. If ever God could get mad at a city, then NO is the poster child. And if there is going to be a gay rights parade, then fine with me. But the gratuitous sexuality of the situation can be, might be, will be seen by children. Gays, in general, don't think about that.

Theres a difference between the comments made about NO and the comments made by Obama's pastor. It's a question of degree.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                      I agree. I saw the videos on multiple news outlets yesterday morning.

But we also have some controversial statements uttered by John McCain's spiritual allies.

So at this point, would the only still-in-the-game candidate that doesn't have a controversial spiritual influence be Clinton?
                      I would imagine the difference is due in no small part to the fact that McCain has never made his religion an integral part of his campaign and the two pastors quoted are "supporters" as opposed to Rev. Wright whom Obama acknowledges as the man who led him to Jesus and who married him, baptized his children and who has played a significant role in BHO's life for 20 years.

That said, BHO was clearly uncomfortable answering questions about Rev. Wright and his stated beliefs on race, America and HRC. It's hard (if not impossible) to defend much of what was said and I keep waiting for more of these Rev. Wright verbal "bombs" to drop - there must a ton of them out there. Describing Rev. Wright (paraphrasing here) as an uncle who's a little crazy and says outrageous things is a stretch.

And, yes, HRC appears to be the only one who doesn't have a wrong headed religious person supporting her - she just has a husband and other politicians who have to be reined in verbally! However, there are many months to go yet, so anything is possible

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                        Like I said before......Suicidal political tendencies dominate the left fringe of the political coin. Dems need to somehow temper certain parts of their membership if they ever hope to dominate the White House again.
                        Isn't there a saying about who you are is determined by the friends (and family) you keep?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          Isn't there a saying about who you are is determined by the friends (and family) you keep?
                          Oh, oh, oh.... I know this one! (It's the title of my books)

It's a 2,500 year old Aesop's Fable, and it's about a donkey (Obviously a reference to Democrats!).

The donkey

A man wished to purchase a donkey, and agreed with its owner that he should try out the animal before he bought him. He took the donkey home and put him in the straw-yard with his other donkeys, upon which the new animal left all the others and at once joined the one that was most idle and the laziest of them all.

Seeing this, the man put a halter on him and led him back to his owner. On being asked how, in so short a time, he could have made a trial of him, he answered, "I do not need a trial; I know that he will be just the same as the one he chose for his companion."

A man is known by the company he keeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
                            A man is known by the company he keeps.
                            OR in this case, a voter is known by the candidate he supports.

Comment

Sinbad Unloads on Hillary Clinton

Comment

Does Hillary have a perceived sense of entitlement, as if the presidency is hers to inherit?

Comment

Working...
                                X