• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama's Pastor is an Extreme Racist

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Only to those of us who hate America.
    Hmmm...me thinks someone needs to keep his day job
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 2

Obama could win Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
        One can only hope Pennsylvanians see the cockiness in Hillary and vote for Obama instead.

Then again, Obama campaign opposing Florida's movement for a re-election after the national party disqualify their delegate votes is a dumb publicity move, so they're even-steven.
        Last edited by Random; March 26, 2008, 03:37 PM.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          One can only hope Pennsylvanians see the cockiness in Hillary and vote for Obama instead.

Then again, Obama campaign opposing Florida's movement for a re-election after the national party disqualify their delegate votes is a dumb publicity move, so they're even-steven.
          I don't think Obama or his campaign said they were opposing Florida's (or Michigan's) movement to find a way to seat the states' delegates, they just said they want a fair way. I still think the voters in Florida and Michigan were messed up by their powers that be in both the democratic and the republican parties and sadly, the voters' redress is against their powers that be who made the bad decisions (and who are now insisting that the results of their bad decisions be fixed at someone else's expense). Neither Obama nor the DNC disenfranchised the voters in Florida and Michigan, their own elected officials did that.

eta: I also don't think it's a publicity move. It's about the fight to win the party nomination. If Florida's and Michigan's delegates are seated without a fair process, the results would undisputedly favor Clinton.
          Last edited by Adri; March 26, 2008, 05:36 PM.

Comment

wow, i desert HT for a while to hang out on adultfriendfinder.com for a class writing project, and i end up missing all this stuff!

Originally posted by Gent View Post
            What do you think?
            as much as i am so not an obamabot, i so do not agree with many of gent's posts that i've seen so far. just about as annoying as the "obama's family" email that i got from my aunt in hong kong.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            She blew it with her BS about ducking bullets in Basnia years ago, maybe putting the final nail in her '08 coffin. How stupid.
            agreed. how one can call the whole bosnia faux pas a "misspeaking" is beyond me. *shakes head woefully at hillary*

And fear-mongering (the infamous "3e am call in the morning" ad). If I didn't know her, I thought she was running as a Republican presidential candidate.
            walter mondale ran practically the same ad a couple decades ago, in order to make the same point against gary hart. in fact the creator of mondale's red phone ad was the creator of clinton's white phone ad, if i am not mistaken.

of course, i think the SNL skit is much more effective.

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            Another interesting development: Longtime Clinton advisor James Carville refuses to apologize for comments directed at Bill Richardson, comparing the New Mexico governor to Judas Iscariot for his decision to endorse Barack Obama.
            i don't think the judas comment is uncalled for. richardson was pres clinton's UN ambassador & energy dept secty. i see richardson as making a bet that obama will win the nomination and ultimately the presidency, and that he hopes by supporting obama and dumping clinton, obama will reward him a cabinet or ambassador position.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              She blew it with her BS about ducking bullets in Basnia years ago, maybe putting the final nail in her '08 coffin. How stupid.
              Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
              agreed. how one can call the whole bosnia faux pas a "misspeaking" is beyond me. *shakes head woefully at hillary*
              This whole "BS-nia" affair has really taken on a life of its own. And the funny thing is,.... if Hillary wanted to bolster her credentials in foreign policy, she didn't need to embellish her accounts of landing in Bosnia under sniper fire. But now that she has been caught in an embarrassing lie, it brings her honesty (or lack of it) into the forefront. Also, her attempts at damage control by saying that she "misspoke" and was "sleep deprived" are lame.

Hillary admitting she had a senior moment because she was sleep deprived? Hmmm, so who do you want answering that call at 3 am in the morning?

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
              i don't think the judas comment is uncalled for. richardson was pres clinton's UN ambassador & energy dept secty. i see richardson as making a bet that obama will win the nomination and ultimately the presidency, and that he hopes by supporting obama and dumping clinton, obama will reward him a cabinet or ambassador position.
              Well, keeping on a loose cannon like Carville on the Clinton campaign exposes an obvious double standard, seeing as how Hillary skewered the Obama campaign after she was called a "monster" by Samantha Power. But more importantly, there is the issue of how the Democratic superdelegates view the matter. Already, there is talk that a growing number of the uncommitted superdelegates are getting fed up with the personal attacks and the so-called Tonya Harding-like tactics that Clinton is resorting to in a desperate effort to destroy anyone and anything that stands in her way of the Presidency. Keep a mudslinger like Carville on? Hey, that's fine for an Obama supporter like me! His continued presence and venomous attacks only serves to hurt Hillary's chances from here on out.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                This whole "BS-nia" affair has really taken on a life of its own. And the funny thing is,.... if Hillary wanted to bolster her credentials in foreign policy, she didn't need to embellish her accounts of landing in Bosnia under sniper fire. But now that she has been caught in an embarrassing lie, it brings her honesty (or lack of it) into the forefront. Also, her attempts at damage control by saying that she "misspoke" and was "sleep deprived" are lame.

Hillary admitting she had a senior moment because she was sleep deprived? Hmmm, so who do you want answering that call at 3 am in the morning?

That kinda bothered me as well, her attempts at "Spin" were pretty lame at best. And with a misconception of what actually happened out there versus her interpretation of it tells me she'd have a hard time discussing peace talks with another head of state when a champagne bottle pops and she ducks under the table fearing sniper fire. How many other exaggerations has she implied over the course of her term as First Lady?

Every candidate has their damning moment that kills their campaign, I think this is Hillary's because she was the one that uttered those statements. How can you blame someone else for those remarks? Sleep deprivation? And she wasn't even at risk at the time. Imagine the third day of war room planning and no sleep then? If she claims sniper fire on that and reacts (in her mind), no way would I want her at the button to launch.

Comment

I hope SNL do a skit where Hillary (played by Amy Poehler) is dodging imaginary sniper fire while accepting flowers from a little girl on the tarmac.

Comment

I hope SNL do a skit where Hillary (played by Amy Poehler) is dodging imaginary sniper fire while accepting flowers from a little girl on the tarmac.
                    It will probably happen, it's just too good of an idea to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      It will probably happen, it's just too good of an idea to pass up.
                      But will those East Coast guys get it?

Comment

Every candidate has their damning moment that kills their campaign, I think this is Hillary's because she was the one that uttered those statements. How can you blame someone else for those remarks? Sleep deprivation? And she wasn't even at risk at the time. Imagine the third day of war room planning and no sleep then? If she claims sniper fire on that and reacts (in her mind), no way would I want her at the button to launch.
                        No wonder she feels qualified to answer the call at 3am in the morning.

Maybe she could endorse sleeping pill ads.

Comment

Maybe she could endorse sleeping pill ads.
                          Disclaimer: Side effects can include accidental launching of nuclear warheads inducing WWIII, diarriha, vomiting, nausea, and runs for the presidency. Use of this product can also cause bitch like personality, writing books about a kid in a village, and dodging fake bullets while receiving flowers. If these symptoms persists call a campaign manager right away. Contact your CNN Pollster for more details and see if President of the United States of America is right for you...

Comment

Is Hillary('s campaign) broke?

Obama does 4 fundraisers in one night

Comment

Every candidate has their damning moment that kills their campaign, I think this is Hillary's because she was the one that uttered those statements. How can you blame someone else for those remarks?
                              She can't, which is why the same day CBS released that "Snipergate" video, she chose that day to make her comment about Pastor Wright. Great Hil', finally making a statement about the issue when it was 2 weeks old and chiming in with opinion #1,548,621. Can you be any more transparent when it comes to the tactic of distracting the public?
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Clinton v. Obama......so boring.....Just pretend politics by an imagination loving faction of America.

Get over it. You prolly gonna lose again by the narrowest of margins.

<<<hand wringing, teeth clenching, foot tapping, nervous tick>>>>
                                All the symptoms of a wishful thinker. So worried about entering the 3RD DECADE OF LOSING. Get it? Get it? Get it yet??????? Bet not.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah !!!! This is too funny.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X