X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 2

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    why would she denounce & reject him for something like this? she is, after all, still married to Bill!

Took the words right out of my mouth.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Hookay let's see how the media spins this one!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Former US VP Candidate Ferraro says Obama is lucky that he's black Hillary "disagrees" with her, but does she reject and denounce? (hah, sorry, I couldn't resist)
        Last edited by Vanguard; March 11, 2008, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Wow it seems Hillary's supporters are just killing themselves. Notice how Bill is conveniently very quiet lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            Former US VP Candidate Ferraro says Obama is lucky that he's black Hillary "disagrees" with her, but does she reject and denounce? (hah, sorry, I couldn't resist)
            If you ask me, it's not just an unintended swipe at Obama, but an intended swipe at McCain.

All the bitter fight between Hillary and Obama is actually getting more airtime and exposure than Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

You know what they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Just wondering if the news media are aware they're being used and feel they have no choice but to go along with the Democratic spin scheme.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

meh.

GF's comment re obama not getting anywhere near as far as he has had he been all white doesn't bother me a whit, esp when i take into consideration that GF thoroughly believes she herself wouldn't have been considered as mondale's VP choice had she not been a woman.

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Wow it seems Hillary's supporters are just killing themselves. Notice how Bill is conveniently very quiet lately?
              i'm an HRC supporter, and i'm quite loving life, thank you. some clowns might think i've been "conveniently quiet," too, but trust me--"convenience" is a rare commodity for me (eric, too) these days.

why would she denounce & reject him for something like this? she is, after all, still married to Bill!
              we need to lay off of people making PRIVATE choices when it comes to their marriages, regardless of whether their spouse is a public persona or not.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                meh.

GF's comment re obama not getting anywhere near as far as he has had he been all white doesn't bother me a whit, esp when i take into consideration that GF thoroughly believes she herself wouldn't have been considered as mondale's VP choice had she not been a woman.

i'm an HRC supporter, and i'm quite loving life, thank you. some clowns might think i've been "conveniently quiet," too, but trust me--"convenience" is a rare commodity for me (eric, too) these days.

we need to lay off of people making PRIVATE choices when it comes to their marriages, regardless of whether their spouse is a public persona or not.

Hmmm I thought we were talking about Hillary.

Comment

Hmmm I thought we were talking about Hillary.
                  i am. she got ripped apart for staying with bill (and still is, as anapuni's comment shows); the now-former NY gov's wife is taking a similar beating now.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

i am. she got ripped apart for staying with bill (and still is, as anapuni's comment shows); the now-former NY gov's wife is taking a similar beating now.
                    Oh well, kinda like that double-edged sword.

Comment

what double-edged sword?

Comment

Don't worry, Silda will come to her senses and drop him. Just like the former wife of the former NJ governor McGreevey that announced he's gay.

Comment

• [Honolulu Advertiser] Obama not born in U.S., say some

Article: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...803130344.html

I don't know whether to laugh ... or announce my candidacy for OHA Trustee.

Comment

I have always said (and quite loudly) since the incident(s) happened, It's truly none of my business if he couldn't keep his pants zipped. My only concern was his performance in the job I elected him to do & nothing else. I totally agree that it is a private matter - but it was made public and that leaves the actions of the persons involved open to comment. I feel the same way about the Spitzer's marriage - it's none of my F***ing business what problems there may be in their marriage.

Don't come down on me because I made a sarcastic comment - you've made a few yourself. I have my own opinions on the "sancity of marriage" and we may disagree there but I can only go by my own life experiences. These women are making their own choices to stay or go and I respect them for that. I may not agree, but its THEIR choice. However, I would have more respect for the wife who says "hell NO, I'm not gonna stand on that stage with you while you humiliate me!!!!"
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Actually, she has “rejected” the comments. But that only came after “not agreeing” with them didn’t seem to have the desired impact. (no denouncing yet, to my knowledge)

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

However, I would have more respect for the wife who says "hell NO, I'm not gonna stand on that stage with you while you humiliate me!!!!"
                                My fondest wish is for one of these women to haul off and smack the bastard right in front of the cameras...I know it's just a dream, but it would be so satisifying to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X