Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT Annual Picnic - April 20

Originally posted by zztype View Post
    Hmmmm. What's with all the references to "4:20" here? Does this have other kaona, hidden connotations?
    I believe it refers to da paka

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      I think me bringing over a 4 foot tall, 4 inch wide rocket that in theory could carry a small radio, camera or some other kind of electronic do-hickey while attired as one Mrs. Emma Peel could be streching a bit.
      I'm not sure that a rocket would look very good dressed up as Emma Peel...
      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

So what is the difference between a geek and a nerd?
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          Glasses?
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

wait, mine aren't held together with scotch tape so what does that make me? Oh and good morning Auntie, Cyn and I are having the life of some party over in All in the Ohana

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

i think the better question is "when does someone go from being a geek or nerd to being a dweeb?"

by my own cynsaligically fantastic definition, geeks and nerds intermingle quite a bit. geeks are passionate experts when it comes to certain subjects. nerds are passionate about learning, period, and know a lot about a bunch of different subjects: scriv is a paragon of nerd-dom, as is eric. i think i am more geek than nerd since i'm allergic to all things math and clumsy with most science. i see eric and scriv as being more like encyclopedias; i'm merely a dictionary, even if i am the OED.

dweebs might be true geeks or faux geeks who practice defensive arrogance. in other words, dweebs = tools & plugs. a faux geek is someone who knows just enough about a subject or two to speak in a way that the unwashed would find him credible; real geeks or nerds would find such a person a clown.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Good morning Craig! Back OT! I'll be cooking Kalbi. I'll also be bringing other delicacies. Komo mai! No be shy. It's going to be the biggest get-together for Geeks and the Geeks at heart.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

How interesting...I kinda fit into some of those being highly technical yet can make kanekapila with the braddahs and titas. Sad now everybody's into their iPods so no can now days.

Eh Auntie, I so want to come down, but with my wife's busy schedule flying between Hilo and Honolulu, someone gotta watch da keiki and da dog. Too expensive to take the whole family for a couple of days.

Comment

Das ok Craig. We'll get together again for your delicious BBQ and my Lumpia when we come up to Hilo.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      Das ok Craig. We'll get together again for your delicious BBQ and my Lumpia when we come up to Hilo.

Auntie Lynn
                      Just tell me when!

Comment

good night Auntie, good night Cyn time for moi moi

Comment

The permits, only good for one area? So, does that mean if I had wanted to put up my own 10 x 10 I need to apply for a permit too? And if so, how will I know "where"?

OR

Me, Noe and the kids are just throwing our stuff under 1stWahine's tent!
                          ___
                          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                            Me, Noe and the kids are just throwing our stuff under 1stWahine's tent!
                            Anytime.

Looking forward to seeing Noe and the kids again.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              I think me bringing over a 4 foot tall, 4 inch wide rocket that in theory could carry a small radio, camera or some other kind of electronic do-hickey while attired as one Mrs. Emma Peel could be streching a bit.
                              Awww, go on, Helen, do it!

I haven't made it to one of these things in a lonnnnnng time. Hope to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                                Awww, go on, Helen, do it!

I haven't made it to one of these things in a lonnnnnng time. Hope to be there.
                                Welcome back Albert The Panther!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X