Palolo Valley Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palolo Valley Girls

Remember this blast from the past? Yep, as the blog says, it was a novelty record of a novelty record. But it got a quite a bit of airplay on KQMQ in 1982.

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/0...ys_106_da.html

Just curious: Does anyone actually that Palolo Valley Girl 45? If so, what's on the flipside? The label scan on the blog says "side one," making it appear that it was not a single-sided record.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Palolo Valley Girls

ha! ha! that's golden! thanks for the link!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I seem to vaguely recall a music video done for this song. . . maybe on Hawaiian Moving Company?

Comment

I may as well look for this record for my collection because ........ I already have the BEST Palolo girl, my wife.

Comment

Fast forward 4 years later to 1986: The Mokettes did an encore with Addicted to Lunch.

Man, I miss Willie Moku. He was the closest thing Hawaii ever had to a Wierd Al Yankovic.
          Last edited by Frankie's Market; February 4, 2010, 01:59 AM.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Palolo Valley Girl was a riot!!! Dem girls was moa worse than the tita's from Star of the Sea school!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Palolo Valley Girl was a riot!!! Dem girls was moa worse than the tita's from Star of the Sea school!
              Thanks eh, Craig! Chicken of the Sea all the way.
              Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Comment

Working...
              X