Tell Us Something We Don't Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Us Something We Don't Know

I'm interested in learning what some of the hobbies or interests of my fellow HT'ers are that they might not have posted about. For example, most everyone here knows I like food and politics, but they probably don't know that I have a passion for architecure and design and have an extensive collection of books on the subjects. I also have many designs for my "dreamhouse", the first of which dates back to my childhood.

What's your secret passion?

Re: Tell Us Something We Don't Know

I can fully raise each eyebrow independently, whistle super loud (need 2 fingers tho) and do 3 sets of 12 of 135lb squats (no belt, correct form). I can also make just about any kind of lei.

pax

Comment

I wouldn't say it's a "passion" but I make wine cork wreaths that I have been told are quite unlike any other that people have seen. I also like to paint
      in acrylics!

Comment

I got 64 pairs of shoes (6 are dress), the rest Nike and Jordan. I download pr0n.
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Within the last year I've turned into a big Star Trek fan. What has happened to me?!! Damn you Captain Picard and Netflix, daaaaaammn you!
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I only just recently watched all 6 Star Wars movies!
            I love to scrapbook and was an Independent Consultant for Creative Memories http://creativememories.com/...
            I want to get another dog (love beagles and always wanted one of those)... I wonder if a Beagle would get along well with my Jack Russell Terrier?
            Last edited by kanahina; March 3, 2008, 06:31 PM.
            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

1) I can make paper roses out of napkins!
              2) I have a weakness for flashlights
              3) I hid a $20 bill somewhere in the KSSK-FM studio so good I can't remember where I put it.

4) When I was 15-years old, I dropped a bowling ball from the 22nd floor balcony of the Kahala Towers Building "A" into the grass below. I think it's still underground after 33-years.

5) It was me that shorted out the bumper car ride at the 50th State Fair at Magic Island back sometime in the late 60's.

6) It was me that was the mysterious bystander that shouted, "Thanks for the Movies", as then Mayor Harris rode by every year during every Christmas parade in Kaimuki for his part in Sunset on the Beach.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                I download pr0n.
                Mikey, Mikey, Mikey... look again at the title of this thread. Tsk, tsk. THINK, before you post, my man!
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I've been playing blues harp (harmonica) since high school. Can you say, "Grand Funk"? "Stones"? Hehehe. I have a set of 12 harps in a satin-lined wooden case, one in each available key. (Believe it or not, many "harmonica players" don't know that harmonicas come in keys other than "C.")

(That was me, the guy in the green Volkswagen Bug, about 1969, buzzing Radford in the morning before school, with "Inna Gadda Da Vida" blasting on the 8-Track player, burning rubber in the dust in front of the school. Then it was off to a happy day of classes at Aiea High, dodging the glue sniffas all day long. "Eh brah, you get quatah?")

I do a mean "Whammer Jammer," on harp, or at least, I could, a while back.

One of my favorites is Jimmy Hall of the Wet Willie Band. Look up, "It's All Right," off of "Drippin' Wet, Live," some time. Rip the roof off the sucka! Total harmonica meltdown! If I could play like that, I would be "God."
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Something HTers don't know? Hmmm...my photo appeared in a Dec. 1961 issue of the Saturday Evening Post magazine. At the time it was the first full page photo of an individual in the history of that periodical. It involved teens in the U.S. and resulted in sacks of mail dropped off at my folks front door...all addressed to my first and last name and city and state...no street address! Weird experience!

I collect Robin Williams movies in the hopes of watching them when I retire!

I've been an activist the past 4 months. I shoulda done that during the 60s instead of in my 60s. Ho...that takes so much time and energy!

I love to dance and can do a semi-decent swing and salsa. I mean...could do! Musta overdone it 'cuz now Mr. Arthur Itis has taken up residence in my toes!
                    Last edited by tutusue; March 3, 2008, 10:41 PM.

Comment

can you do a stairway to heaven on one of those babies?...referring to zztype
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                        I wouldn't say it's a "passion" but I make wine cork wreaths that I have been told are quite unlike any other that people have seen. I also like to paint
                        in acrylics!
                        Gee, I've been wondering what to do with the probably 500(?) or so wine corks that came home with the kids from a garage sale! Do you want some used corks?
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                          Mikey, Mikey, Mikey... look again at the title of this thread. Tsk, tsk. THINK, before you post, my man!
                          you mean everyone knew?
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Before my children came along I used to have as many as 18 canaries in our present apartment. When I have a proper house I intend to embrace my repressed canary fetish again. I would like to set up an aviary in the yard.

I also have a fascination never explored with pygmy goats and miniature horses. I need a micro-ranch come to think on it.
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

> While I have a huge ego, no shame, and can/have/do stand up and speak, act, sing, play music, and tell jokes in front of thousands of people with nary an increase in my heart rate, dancing hula in public scares the isht outta me. (That's why I do it.)

> I was, for many years, a registered member of the Republican Party. (And not for "subversive" reasons, either.)

> If I could do anything in the world, with no restrictions on me, I would become a maker of cheeses.

Comment

Working...
                              X