Star-Bulletin problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star-Bulletin problems

Back in the earlier days of the internet I think it might have been hard for companies or people to go after you for owning domain names. I bet times have changed and you now are forced to sell or give it away.

Remember the World Wildlife Fund lawsuit against the World Wrestling Federation which resulted in the name change to World Wrestling Entertainment for example?

Aj

Comment

I got a notice with my Sunday SB this morning that effective tomorrow/Monday, June 2, I would be receiving the morning edition delivery of the SB.

In truth, this does not impact me because I only subscribe to Sat/Sun, but is this a switch island-wide? Or for my carrier/district only? Or does it signal a change in the morning/late edition printing schedule? Will there still be an afternoon edition? (which under the current schedule arrives at my workplace about 2:00-ish).

Comment

Homes generally prefer morning delivery, and the SB has been doing morning delivery in outlying districts for years. This switch is on the Windward side, I think. Yes, afternoon editions will continue as usual.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I didn't get that notice with my paper this morning, so I guess those of us in Hawaii Kai will continue to receive the afternoon edition. And I'm glad for that.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
            I got a notice with my Sunday SB this morning that effective tomorrow/Monday, June 2, I would be receiving the morning edition delivery of the SB.
            Well, that's probably the smartest thing they've done since the Canadians bought the operation!

Comment

I think it might be another marketing/subscription increase campaign because I'm not a subscriber and it's being delivered to my house every morning now.

Comment

approximately 6 months ago i switched from the advertiser to the bulletin so that i could get an afternoon delivery and because the subscription is cheaper. then they went and changed it to the morning delivery (kailua) which you are supposed to get by 530am. really strange, i never had delivery problems with the advertiser but have had to call EVERY single month (sometimes it was several times/week; morning or afternoon delivery it didn't matter) to find out when i could expect to receive the paper. that's no joke. they keep a history. well, today i made THE call again and was told there was some type of technical problem? huh? anywho, i told the person that i wanted to close the account and she said that i was paid up until august 10. "would i like to keep receiving the paper until then." "no," i replied. i'm now back to subscribing to the advertiser.
                "chaos reigns within.
                reflect, repent and reboot.
                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

i knew this was going to happen. my last paper was supposed to be yesterday. yep. received a star bulletin today at app. 10am.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  reflect, repent and reboot.
                  order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                    The site was originally registered with Network Solutions in 1996. They moved registration to Godaddy.com some time around 2005, I think.
                    EH HBJ ~ I pass Godaddy.com on da way to work, in case you need me go ova deya.
                    ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                      Back in the earlier days of the internet I think it might have been hard for companies or people to go after you for owning domain names. I bet times have changed and you now are forced to sell or give it away.
                      This is the reason so many computer geeks who had never really thought about politics up to this point, threw their support to Texas congressman Ron Paul during the U.S. Presidential Race. Paul is pretty much the only candidate, Republican or Democrat, who specifically promised to repeal governmental interference on the Internet.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                      X