Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CNN polls

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Well, crap. I know we gave you a lot of grief over this issue about a year-and-a-half ago.
    I only remember one person who really gave me grief; some of you know what that is, and her opinions never matter to me. But I did have Ryan lock that thread to end her flame war.

Being on insulin will quickly become just a minor nuisance soon, when taken in perspective.
    Oh, it's already a very minor nuisance, or actually no nuisance at all. I'm using a OneTouch UltraMini to test my glucose level daily, and giving myself an injection of Lantus daily. The needles on both of those are so very tiny these days that I don't even feel them at all! So, no nuisance.

But have you tried to quit smoking yet? It's tough, but it could make a huge difference in your quality of life, especially now.
    Yes, while I was in the hospital the ER folks put me on a patch, and I talked to their wellness center and got more patches, gum, and pills. We'll see which works best.

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Join me in dropping a few pounds (well in my case a whole bunch) and I wager your blood sugar levels will drop dramatically.
    I already dropped around 50 pounds over the past year or so, and that was *before* my recent emergency. Good luck to you!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    A good friend, a bass player oddly enough, was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in his 30s and was put on insulin. It was a result of his lifestyle and weight. He decided taking insulin was enough; that was all the adapting he was going to do. He died at 38.
    I'm sorry about the loss of your friend, Tutu.
    I wa diagnosed with Type 2 about a dozen years ago but they thought medications would control it, without insulin. So much for that idea.

And thanks for your support too, MM!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Re: CNN polls

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Yes, while I was in the hospital the ER folks put me on a patch, and I talked to their wellness center and got more patches, gum, and pills. We'll see which works best.
      Any past issues aside, I wish you strength on this front.

Comment

Working...
      X