Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Gov Spitzer Linked to Prostitution Ring

Default NY Gov Spitzer Linked to Prostitution Ring

i personally don't care if he or anyone is interested in paying for a good time but i do hate it when people pretend to be zealous defenders of morality and attack other people. that makes me sick!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1205...googlenews_wsj

what a hypocrite...
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Default Re: NY Gov Spitzer Linked to Prostitution Ring

It still baffles me that prostitution is illegal to begin with, but yeah: If you're going to crusade against it, don't participate in it.

If Spitzer resigns, New York Lt. Gov. David A Paterson would become New York's first Black governor.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Will this little mishap affect Spitzer's superdelegate status?

Will everyone else in New York state who is also linked to a prostitution ring receive a get out of jail free card?

A special prosecutor ought to get involved, but I don't think he'll get so much as a slap on the wrist.

Ha - ha - ha! He gets what he deserves. Mr. Holier Than Thou! It wouldn't phase me in the least if it weren't for the fact that he has tried to force his sense of morality on others since he was DA. It's even more amusing (or sad) that he spent umpteen million dollars in a probe to find dirt on one of the state senators - and in the end found nothing. Maybe he should have looked in the mirror. Or....maybe that is why he figures everyone else has skeletons in their closets .

Quote Originally Posted by acousticlady View Post
    [...]Maybe he should have looked in the mirror. Or....maybe that is why he figures everyone else has skeletons in their closets .
    Karma rocks!

I knew those Craigslist ads were a set-up.

What an arrogant jerk. I feel sorry for his three teenage daughters though. Can you imagine going to school with this kind of news about your father everywhere?

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post

Will everyone else in New York state who is also linked to a prostitution ring receive a get out of jail free card?

A special prosecutor ought to get involved, but I don't think he'll get so much as a slap on the wrist.
    Well look at it this way, if Hillary Clinton is elected as our next president, no doubt Spitzer will get pardoned...in either four or eight years depending on if Clinton is re-elected or not. For him, she'd better win.

Regarding being linked to a prostitution ring, does that mean anyone soliciting in prostitution is part of the ring? Does that mean recreational drug users are part of the bigger drug cartels? Where is that line of distinction between being a client and being the pimp?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Talking Re: NY Gov Spitzer Linked to Prostitution Ring

Quote Originally Posted by shaveice View Post
    i personally don't care if he or anyone is interested in paying for a good time but i do hate it when people pretend to be zealous defenders of morality and attack other people. that makes me sick!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1205...googlenews_wsj

what a hypocrite...
    So... is it only me waiting to hear if Bill Clinton is Client 10?
    Last edited by Random; March 12th, 2008 at 02:41 PM.

I hope it will bring forth the issue of having superdelegates in the first place.

Why is that their vote count as 1 whole, while the others have to decide a portion of delegates allocated to each state should be granted toward the nominees, as if my 1 vote equal 1/1000?

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Regarding being linked to a prostitution ring, does that mean anyone soliciting in prostitution is part of the ring? Does that mean recreational drug users are part of the bigger drug cartels? Where is that line of distinction between being a client and being the pimp?
    I read somewhere (probably speculation, but interesting nonetheless) that Spitzer's knowledge of criminal enterprises via his NY State Attorney General position would implicate him as being completely aware of the high probability that his prostitution payments were funding various criminal activities not limited to the act of prostitution.

But he probably worked out a deal where his speedy resignation would shield him from prosecution.

I read somewhere (probably speculation, but interesting nonetheless) that Spitzer's knowledge of criminal enterprises via his NY State Attorney General position would implicate him as being completely aware of the high probability that his prostitution payments were funding various criminal activities not limited to the act of prostitution.

But he probably worked out a deal where his speedy resignation would shield him from prosecution.

Or maybe he was just a clueless AG? Either way he's screwed. Deep up to his neck in criminal enterprises or too stupid to do his job.

Oh he's a Democrat, I forgot only Republicans can get into trouble so he's gotta be safe...just like Bill, just like Ted...hmmm...and just like Hillary for not giving Bill the boot the first time he got caught with his pants down (literally).

Since he has resigned, he is no longer a superdelegate.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

Oh he's a Democrat, I forgot only Republicans can get into trouble so he's gotta be safe...just like Bill....
    you're kidding, right? clinton was impeached basically bcs he lied about the whereabouts of a cigar (yes, i know i'm being overly simplistic for dramatic purposes).

what consequences does 43 suffer for misleading the american public, spying indiscriminately upon them, and maiming habeas corpus? whither is his trouble? hey, just on 03/05/08, he was "tapdanc(ing) the day away" (bush's own words) while waiting for mccain (also known as wannabe bush III).

that said, i hope spitzer swallows the hard fist of justice he deserves. *snarksnark*
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

ya know Cyn...as in past threads, I know when to say, "you're right" cuz it's getting late (1:22 am) as I type this and the beer is hitting me pretty good now and well, I'm all smiles and getting all ke ke so the brain is settling into a nice sleep mode around now

I'll finish off on the other threads we're bouncing around in, thanks for staying up with me but boy the brew is kicking in.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

ya know Cyn...as in past threads, I know when to say, "you're right" cuz it's getting late (1:22 am) as I type this and the beer is hitting me pretty good now and well, I'm all smiles and getting all ke ke so the brain is settling into a nice sleep mode around now

I'll finish off on the other threads we're bouncing around in, thanks for staying up with me but boy the brew is kicking in.
    you're too easy and you're also being insultingly dismissive, in that sorta not really gentlemany way you do. regardless, i won't argue with someone inebriated.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

just an observation: it appeared to me that if i had turned off the sound while listening to the guy announce his upcoming resignation, i'd never know he was talking about resigning in shame. the visual cues were absent at least to my eyes....

i have no sympathy for him but a lot for his wife and kids...
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

just an observation: it appeared to me that if i had turned off the sound while listening to the guy announce his upcoming resignation, i'd never know he was talking about resigning in shame. the visual cues were absent at least to my eyes....
    You mean he didn't cry like that evangelist Swaggart?

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    You mean he didn't cry like that evangelist Swaggart?
    not even close! no sign of remorse or embarrassment....

not even close! no sign of remorse or embarrassment....
    Ah. More like McGreevey.

Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    you're too easy and you're also being insultingly dismissive, in that sorta not really gentlemany way you do. regardless, i won't argue with someone inebriated.
    No...I'm being smart. First rule of engagement...never argue with a woman because no matter what happens, the guy loses So when it comes to that I end it with, "Whatever's" and go to sleep.

Talking Re: NY Gov Spitzer Linked to Prostitution Ring

No...I'm being smart. First rule of engagement...never argue with a woman because no matter what happens, the guy loses
    That's First of Ten Commandments of Man-Law.

No...I'm being smart. First rule of engagement...never argue with a woman because no matter what happens, the guy loses So when it comes to that I end it with, "Whatever's" and go to sleep.
    ha! ha! oh man! i want ring side seats for this one! now where's my popcorn?!?!

I think it was Letterman who said the other night " the difference between republicans and democrats is that democrats do it in four star hotels and republicans do it in public bathrooms" - or something to that effect......

Remember when the Congressional Republicans were hot on the trail of Bill Clinton to the point of actually pushing through the Articles of Impeachment?

A number of these moralists were later exposed of not only engaging in affairs of their own, but one actually fathered out-of-wedlock children as a result of his dalliance.

Then, again, Senator Strom Thurmond's family has acknowledged the Black-American branch of their family tree. So much for Thurmond's "purity" argument.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast