Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Man this board is dead dead dead tonight.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
    Posts
    1,715

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Man this board is dead dead dead tonight.

    if it had happened, aren't you sposed to be one of the ones who went?
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

    "when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

    nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    if it had happened, aren't you sposed to be one of the ones who went?
    yeah I thought that too but then again...if the party's here I guess the cops came in already and broke it up cuz it's pretty quiet now
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
    Posts
    1,715

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    yeah I thought that too but then again...if the party's here I guess the cops came in already and broke it up cuz it's pretty quiet now
    i doubt the people who would be raptured are capable of having a party so rowdy the cops would be called.

    i figure the rapture would work much like how the KGB did back in the day. one evening you're there; the next morning, everyone pretends you never existed anyway.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

    "when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

    nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    i doubt the people who would be raptured are capable of having a party so rowdy the cops would be called.

    i figure the rapture would work much like how the KGB did back in the day. one evening you're there; the next morning, everyone pretends you never existed anyway.

    I was talking about the people left behind having the party...

    And with rapture everyone left behind will suddenly feel the reality check tapping on their shoulder.

    That is if it really does happen right?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,518

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    The Rapture. My tooth cracked and I'm in pain.

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
    Posts
    1,715

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    ...

    And with rapture everyone left behind will suddenly feel the reality check tapping on their shoulder.

    ...
    and that reality check is supposed to be ominous? a world without rush and some other neo-cons is a much better, more heavenly and truly christ-like world, in my opinion.

    but if you were left behind, i wouldn't object. of course, i'm more open-minded and welcoming than anyone who would be raptured, anyway.

    hey, do you think any of the remaining three pres candidates would be raptured? i'm not counting nader. i don't think st. peter or lucifer would want him.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

    "when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

    nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    and that reality check is supposed to be ominous? a world without rush and some other neo-cons is a much better, more heavenly and truly christ-like world, in my opinion.

    but if you were left behind, i wouldn't object. of course, i'm more open-minded and welcoming than anyone who would be raptured, anyway.

    hey, do you think any of the remaining three pres candidates would be raptured? i'm not counting nader. i don't think st. peter or lucifer would want him.
    Ha ha ha They're all politicians and for that I'd wonder if either would want them in their abodes.

    A politician in Hell? Too risky for Lucifer...in Heaven? With the likes of Dubya and Bill as role models for either party, I'd lock the Pearly Gates if either tried to enter.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
    [...]My tooth cracked and I'm in pain.[...]
    Oh...me, too! Had a crown prep yesterday. No pain, tho' 'cuz the tooth that cracked wasn't a tooth at all. It was a 30 year old (at least) crown! I luv my dentist!

    Hope you're feeling better, Auntie...

  10. #10

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    I have heard some people believe the rapture occurs just once and some people believe there is a "pre-rapture" where all the definitely saved people go and all the not saved and "borderline" people are left. Then the borderline people have a period of time to be really really good so when the second chance occurs, they can be saved. I have seen references to estate plans that provide that if the person making the plan disappears at a time when others also disappear, one should assume the rapture has occurred and treat the person's estate as if they had died. Some plans go further to provide that if the rapture occurs, the person's estate assets should be left to an organization or organizations created to help the batch of borderline people be saved (I guess if you believe that the rapture occurs in two parts). I have also heard there is a net "service" that, in the event of the rapture, would automatically send emails to people you list saying basically, haha I got saved and you didn't.

    By the way, I don't mean this post to say that I don't believe the rapture may occur. I just find it interesting how some people are planning for it *g*

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Talking Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Man this board is dead dead dead tonight.
    Based on the time of your posting, only those with insomnia would be here in the middle of the night.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,518

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Oh...me, too! Had a crown prep yesterday. No pain, tho' 'cuz the tooth that cracked wasn't a tooth at all. It was a 30 year old (at least) crown! I luv my dentist!

    Hope you're feeling better, Auntie...
    Got it fixed yesterday. Dang! I'm so afraid of Dentists.

    Childhood Trauma.

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adri View Post
    I have heard some people believe the rapture occurs just once...
    Yeah Jehova Witnesses feel that way, and then there only a select number. I kinda believe that too although I'm not a JW.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Originally O`ahu, now Damascus, OR
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    I am majorly sick. Cough cough cough. Haven't been this sick in years.
    Aloha,
    Mokihana

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Talking Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokihana View Post
    I am majorly sick. Cough cough cough. Haven't been this sick in years.
    *sprays Lysol all over his monitor, keyboard, mouse, and everywhere on or near his computer desk.*

  16. #16

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Yeah Jehova Witnesses feel that way, and then there only a select number. I kinda believe that too although I'm not a JW.
    I used to keep copies of The Watchtower just in case a solicitor will ask me for money. I'll give him a copy and start talking about religious stuff, but he will look at watch and say he gotta go.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    How do we know The Rapture hasn't already occurred ... and we're all leftovers here? We'd be the clueless ones, and it could explain all the world's woes.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    *sprays Lysol all over his monitor, keyboard, mouse, and everywhere on or near his computer desk.*
    Oh wait! Mokihana's germs are coming from the inside of your computer. Didya disinfect the inside of your screen? You didn't? Don your gloves and a surgical mask and click here.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    How do we know The Rapture hasn't already occurred ... and we're all leftovers here? We'd be the clueless ones, and it could explain all the world's woes.
    So, I'm guessing we're the Meeks.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Nah rapture couldn't have occured...I'm still here
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Nah rapture couldn't have occured...I'm still here
    I thought we covered this before - this might have been what kept you out.

    That's okay, cw. You're welcome to hang around here with the rest of us sinnerfolk.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I thought we covered this before - this might have been what kept you out.

    That's okay, cw. You're welcome to hang around here with the rest of us sinnerfolk.
    Oh you had to bring up the past didn't ya You know there is a thing called repentance
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Random, nah no way the great event happened and we don't know about it. To those remaining it's gonna be this huge news story about a UFO sighting that abducted tons of people. Surely many will snap pics of it with camera phones and cable news will be talking of nothing else.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Talking Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Random, nah no way the great event happened and we don't know about it. To those remaining it's gonna be this huge news story about a UFO sighting that abducted tons of people.
    Tons of people? Now why does that sound doubtful. Hmm?

  25. #25

    Default Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Tons of people? Now why does that sound doubtful. Hmm?
    Because we usually don't report on large groups of people by their collective weight?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •